COMPLETED i need broken amps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check Lowes and Home Depot (or other similar stores that sell screws / fasteners), they have screws that will fit some amps. Obviously they are not labeled as amplifier screws. They are in the fastener isle. If the power terminal screws that are left fit the speaker block screws, take a screw(s) with you and use their "screw test jig" they have in store to find out what threads to look for. They don't have all sizes, and some amps use odd sizes, but worth a look if not too far from one of those stores.

If the screw holes are stripped or odd size, you can drill / tap them slightly bigger and get the next size up screw. I'd go this route before soldering wires to it, but perhaps an option, but may have to remove the block and solder right to the board, those blocks can be hard to solder (I've done this to at least one amp that had missing terminal block).

Of just sell both of those amps for parts / repair and buy a new one.

Having also done a ton of amp repair in the past, I will say, and I mean it in the nicest way possible, that HFi1000D amp is not worth what the parts / labor / shipping will cost to fix it. Best bet with amps like that, list for sale locally as Parts / Needs Repair / Blown (or ebay) and hope someone wants a project to tinker with, recoup $20-$30 if you can, and buy a new cheap amp. Which won't cost all that much more than having that one repaired, and at least you have warranty with the new cheap one.

Nearly any time I quoted the repair on similar amps, no one wanted to spend the money to fix them, and I was even dirt cheap compared to the online amp repair places. I would suggest looking at craigslist / marketplace for people local to you that work on amps and see if you can find someone cheap near you to do it and you can drop it off in person. I remember plenty of the "forum amp repair guys" vanishing with peoples amps 10-15 years ago, so always a risk of not getting your amp back when mailing it to random people for repair.

I was one of the ones who never got their amps back.. Zapco Z300 competition and a Zapco Z150
Still pi$$ed about that one.

I need to send my Audio Art 200ms in for repair, can anyone refer me to someone who can repair this amp for me?
I'm not going to make any recommendations just in case it goes badly, but, perhaps try asking over at the following link> Some skilled amp repair techs on that forum, not sure if they can or will recommend anyone either, but couldn't hurt to ask. Be sure to ask in the car audio section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...