I need assistance!

Participant count
  • Participant list

cversion7
10+ year member

*Your Ad Here*
I just got an Orion 4004 amp. I got it to run my PG Elite Ti 5 set for my front speakers. They are 300WRMS and this amp will do 200x2 @ 4ohms so I thought it would be a good match. However, now looking at the instructions and not having seen this anywhere before, it looks like if I bridge the channels that I will lose stereo sound. The instructions say to bridge the front two channels and it will make the "right" speaker and the rear two channels will make the "left", but will it retain stereo sound? The PG set is 4Ohm, btw. To quote the manual:

Two Channel Bridged Configuration

- Front and rear channels are configured for bridged two-channel operation

- Lowest recommended impedance for both front and rear channels is 4 Ohms

- Crossover and gain configurations are independently adjustable between the front and rear channels

- Two-channel operation is recommended for this operational mode.

- Front and rear outputs can be configured for high-pass, low-pass, or full range operation.

- Front and rear outputs can be configured for stereo (right channels will have right output, left channels will have left output) or summed two-channel operation (front speaker bridged, rear speaker bridged).

There is only one diagram on this page as I have illustrated with my awesome paint skills. The top row is left-right front, bottom row is left-right rear. Top speaker becomes left (from rear channels), bottom speaker becomes right (from front channels). I just cannot tell if (by the last bullet point from the book) if this is the only way to wire it and/or if it will be stereo. Suggestions? Help?

Okay, I just called Orion(Directed) and asked them. They said that in bridged mode (@ 4 ohms) it would mono the two channels I'm bridging but I would still get a dedicated left and right channel out of it. I guess I'll just have to wait until I can test it out to be sure, but I was curious if anyone else has had experience with this enough to quench my anxiety. Thanks.

Yea I did it with a Soundstream Reference 405 I used to have. Just use a y adapter and hook Left on CH 1 & 2 and Right on CH 3 & 4. There are many different ways you could hook it up but that is one way. I actually took the left from front and rear on my HU to CH 1 & 2 and the same on CH 3 & 4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.