I need a relay or something

Participant count
  • Participant list

zogthegreat

Hi everyone!

I have a bike rack on my 2011 Ford Taurus that I want to install a light that activates when I step on the brakes. Due to the way Ford setup the lights on the Taurus, I can't just tap into the brake lights in the rear. I did manage to tap into the brake light that is in the back window, but due to voltage drop, I'm only getting 6v at the end of the wire. Since I already have a 12v hot wire running to my trailer wiring, what I would like to do is have the wire that comes from the rear window brake light run to some kind of relay or switch to the 12v hot and then from the 12v hot to the bike rack.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

zog

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...
If you can find these in your area. Id recommend these for drop ins. They play from 40Htz on up. Sound very nice on amplified power for premium...
Honestly, beyond what you need. It will do the trick for sure, but it is excessive. Not a bad thing, just more than you will ever need. No need...
thanks 1aespinoza for advice I decided to not use the blaupunk I got a real nice Pioneer.
I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones...

About this thread

zogthegreat

zogthegreat
Montreal, QC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
adulbrich