I miss my 12's

Amazon Prime is $119 a year + taxes. $12.99 a month. If I bought one thing a month with free shipping I am paying $12.99 a month for shipping. Pass.
You know you can get Amazon prime for free using the 30 day trial once a year. Just cancel before the 30 days is up and you won't be charged. If you need something pronto, it's a good way to go. I have done this every year and the deal comes back.

Why is it when packages arrive anywhere near Atlanta they get delayed. Now my amp isn't set to arrive until Thursday.
Because Atlanta is a huge city with insane traffic. Atlanta is a massive Fed Ex hub and if it comes through the airport then... well you know how that goes.

Because Atlanta is a huge city with insane traffic. Atlanta is a massive Fed Ex hub and if it comes through the airport then... well you know how that goes.
FedEx has the amp in Kennesaw, Ga 30144.

Yeah, I remember my dad driving us through Atlanta on the way to Ohio for the holidays each year from the Tampa Bay area when we were kids. I remember the interstate going through Atlanta was hell every time. Well, I didn't mind it, I love skylines and big roads. and it has it for sure.

FedEx has the amp in Kennesaw, Ga 30144.

Yeah, I remember my dad driving us through Atlanta on the way to Ohio for the holidays each year from the Tampa Bay area when we were kids. I remember the interstate going through Atlanta was hell every time. Well, I didn't mind it, I love skylines and big roads. and it has it for sure.
Kennesaw is definitely not Atlanta. That's well to the north. It's actually a cool place to visit. I bought a Chevelle from there years ago with a hot rod dump truck motor. It was crazy.

I guess I will have to install it at a later date. Stupid work always getting in the way. This thing is tiny, heavy but tiny.

20210311-140433.jpg

20210311-140530.jpg

The look reminds me of the old Soundstreams from the early '90s with all the stuff on top of it. About time Soundstream went back to Korea! Maybe they are finally going to listen to the consumer and go back to decent amplifiers from the ground up!

Hey All. I produce/mix in recording studios. 12" vs 8" is all about physics and moving air. The physical wave pattern of low frequencies requires really moving air and really...space and mass. Good 8"s can do well-enough for the more important and common lows (basslines, kiks, toms, low pads, etc.) and satisfy most of us - but can't move real air (what you feel) without the size of the speaker (or multiple speakers) as the low sound waves are simply...larger. I do think a couple 8s or 10s can have a nice tightness and lowness to them. A 12 can sound a little "fluffy" to me depending on the amp/case/mass, space, etc. // On another note, I use some speaker-calibration software that REALLY make a HUGE difference for "EQing" speakers to a room. It's AMAZING stuff! https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid-reference/for-speakers < Is there anything like this for cars? Good luck.

Well, I installed the amplifier. I flattened all EQ's, set all X'overs to full, hooked up my O-Scope and set the midbass, mids and highs with a 1khz, -5db sign wave to no clipping right near 20v on each of the 4 channels. I set the sub amp with a 40hz, -10db tone to no clipping to 34.50v.

I then hooked up all the speaker leads and hopped back in the front seat to jump into my 3Sixty.3. I set the crossovers where they need to be and left all EQ's flat. Had to get lunch so we took my car. Even with everything flat I had great volume and NO issues with speakers cutting off. Volume is within a few DB's of the Barbara Ann if even that. This little amp is plenty loud for sure and I haven't done any eqing or redone the time alignment yet. The power light on top is white. I thought that was pretty classy on this tiny little white amp.

I have NO regrets in this purchase so far. All that is left is to see how long it last. All terminals are phillips head. Power and ground fit my 4awg to 4awg adapters perfectly as seen in the picture. Fit and finish does not feel cheap and for its size is a very heavy little amplifier.

Look at the size difference. Class A/B vs Class D

Attachments

• 20210323_141458.jpg
    20210323_141458.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 82
Holy Hell!! I just went and played with the EQ's and time alignment. Jesus that thing is loud!!! Gonna have to play with the sub level just a hair as it is not where I want it completely just yet. Although, the IASCA disc is proving very useful and the subs shine all day listening to that disc. I played AC/DC's "For those about to rock" track and man is it loud and clean. I am gonna leave the subs alone for a few days... I may just be used to "boosted" sub bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ThxOne

Premium Member
The Boss
ThxOne
The United States of America
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies