I just bought this for 20$ from Best buy...

alpinetypeR
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
501X Rockford amp...

* 65 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms

* 125 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms

* 250 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms in bridged mode

* 2-, 3-, or 4-channel output

* 4-ohm stable in bridged mode

* Tri-Way capable

* requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

* front and rear switchable high-pass (120 Hz, 12 dB/octave) and low-pass (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave) crossovers

* MOSFET power supply and output devices

* Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application (MEHSA) mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability

* TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs that eliminate 80% of ground loop noise

* Transana circuitry keeps preamp voltages low and signal paths simple for outstanding audio quality

* NOMAD advanced protection circuitry for "intelligent" shutdown protection

* speaker- and preamp-level inputs

* preamp outputs

* 12-1/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D

what do you guys think of that deal?

why so cheap first of all?
its EOL (end of life) for our entire store and if we dont sell it by tomorrow we would only get 18.50$ for it.

its was on the open box wall, but just came back from Rockford from service...i tested it before i bought it and was working fine.

its EOL (end of life) for our entire store and if we dont sell it by tomorrow we would only get 18.50$ for it.
its was on the open box wall, but just came back from Rockford from service...i tested it before i bought it and was working fine.
well then, you made out quite well. they got anything else?

Still seems low on an oop ( out of production) model how much did your store eat on cost of that amp?
haha a lot..about 120$... origanally sold it for about 350$ then it went clearance for 150$

Thats great, we still have infinity components from back when CC carried them i think they ring up at like 26$ and like phase linear radios that are like 9.55, hillarious world of retail.

Thats great, we still have infinity components from back when CC carried them i think they ring up at like 26$ and like phase linear radios that are like 9.55, hillarious world of retail.
have you ever tried to "hide" something so you could get it cheaper later on haha...i did only once didnt work

have you ever tried to "hide" something so you could get it cheaper later on haha...i did only once didnt work
Yes i do that often actually haha...I like going through our inventory screen and finding stuff that is a year or two old that people forget about and they end up being real cheap. I bought two tvs very cheap that were just sitting in the warehouse because noone knew about em. As a matter of fact i just saw last week we still have a set of Alpine mapping discs that are dated like 2001-2002 or something like that haha, not to mention we havent sold alpine for like 3 years now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.