I just bought a Old School MTX Amp

stanky1219

Banned
tampa,fl
I just bought 2 MTX RT-A260 amps and a MTX RT-X01 Crossover. $50 bucks for all of it.

Anybody know how good they are? I love my old school blue thunders and this could be a great addition to my little retro setup. but do they do rated or are the way underrated like my blue thunders? The blue thunders do almost double the rated output.

any input would be great cuz the mtx site doesnt have any info.

the road thunder amps were their bottom amps back then but still VERY good, look at fuse rating and it will give you and idea of power

btw I am running a blue thunder pro 150X2 on my doors right now

yeah. i love my 75x2's they will never die. i have run them 2 ohm bridged for like a year straight and they will not die. best small amps i ever owned.

what did you mean by not the ppi ones? did ppi make some mtx amps at one time? if so give me model numbers cuz id like to score some of them in the future.

UPDATE!! I got these amps and one blew smoke everywhere the minute i put power to it. i went through the whole paypal dispute thing without one message from the seller (bestofshowusa). i ended up getting half my money back and got to keep the equipment. today i got a TMA T360.2 that stayed in protect , i used the mosfets out of it to replace the fried ones in the mtx. now i have 2 working mtx's , one untouched , the other repaired. i bought them with every intent to use them but less than a week after purchase i ran into a deal on the PPI's i'm running now so of course i'm using them instead of these. How much would be fair to ask for these?? i wanna sell them cuz i have no need for them now.

Interested in a short fin Cadence TXA-3002? Original box... Used only on my test bench for a couple of hours on a pair of studio monitors. Strong amp.... Straight trade..we each cover shippinp???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.