I just blew my brand new head unit (Blaupunkt Toronto 420BT)!

Should I be confident the replacement will be reliable?

• Yes, Blaupunkt is a good brand, you just got a defective one, the replacement will be great

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, Blaupunkt is known for constantly blowing up, choose a more reliable brand, like . . .

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • User error, stop abusing your head units and they'll treat you well

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The replacement HU arrived yesterday and it's been great so far.
if you ever decide to upgrade, add an amp, etc. post back and we can update you on the better products for the money, glad it's working again.

Thanks. I do have an old PUNCH amp, but it's overkill and would overpower my R300-12 sealed sub too. I just didn't feel like adding it after hearing the way it sounds now from just the 22W off the HU. I'll figure out another use for it, like possibly adding a system for my cargo/boondocking trailer, and just using the RF PUNCH to power these JL Audio 10-inch subs I have, and getting another head unit, probably an Alpine or something, and a bunch of thick cable and fuses/circuit breakers.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

once you hear the SQ improvement from adding an amp for your door speakers and sub I bet you'll change your mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

amps arent always for loudness, and you can always keep your gain low.

Thanks. I do have an old PUNCH amp, but it's overkill and would overpower my R300-12 sealed sub too. I just didn't feel like adding it after hearing the way it sounds now from just the 22W off the HU. I'll figure out another use for it, like possibly adding a system for my cargo/boondocking trailer, and just using the RF PUNCH to power these JL Audio 10-inch subs I have, and getting another head unit, probably an Alpine or something, and a bunch of thick cable and fuses/circuit breakers.
Thanks for all the help and advice.
Your deck doesn't put out 22w. I don't think I'm understanding right...you have the old RF amp for subs or for mids/highs?

Your deck doesn't put out 22w. I don't think I'm understanding right...you have the old RF amp for subs or for mids/highs?
Sorry, I was just parroting the specs from them, "built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)". If you're saying they hyped up those ratings, I won't argue with you, but it seems about right, listening to it.

My RF PUNCH goes both ways. It's rated at 100W x 2, but sounds WAY louder. It's intense. It's got switches to HPF or LPF, so I've hooked it up both ways. It PUSHES my dual 10's that're rated at 300W RMS. It's probably just a "real" RMS rating, instead of the hype that so many other companies say. Maybe it's 100W, 20Hz - 20KHz, instead of just at 1kHz or whatever, you know what I'm saying. It's a good amp.

I've had the PUNCH on mids/highs and it can make my ears bleed (figuratively) if I wanted it too. On the subs (2 x JL Audio CP110-W0v3's), it makes them thump WAY harder than my powered RF R300-12 "PRIME" that says it's 300W RMS. I just think PUNCH puts PRIME to shame, for some reason - not sure why since they're from the same company, why they'd rate differently for each respective series. I just know that PUNCH amp is no joke (for my modest budget).

So, yeah, the old RF PUNCH can be used for either mids/highs, or subs, and I've had it both ways (not at the same time), so it's versatile like that. I'd rather use it for my subs, because it's a bit overkill for mids/highs (for me anyway), a bit too much power for what I'd need in that regard. Regards.

I meant that using the PUNCH 100W x 2 for the mids/highs in my truck now, that is currently using the RF PRIME R300-12 (300W RMS) for its powered subwoofer would be too much - meaning my highs/mids would overpower my sub at that point. That's what I meant to say. I realize I could keep the gains down . . . so yeah nevermind then. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...