I have a question, does anyone make a "NETWORKING" device?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Papa Greywolf

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
This is an off the wall idea I had as the old retired electronics guy I am. Briefly what I'm thinking is this:

You would have a low wattage transmitter that can output on five channels.

It needs:
1) Power and ground
2) inputs from left front, rear, right front, rear, and center (bass)
(this unit might have to plug onto the back of an amplifier)

FIVE mini receivers that are about the size of a keyfob - and can plug in the front of a (radio or head unit) and or into a USB port on the head unit that each receive a separate channel. (If they were USB they could be powered by the host system- "Look Ma! No batteries...")

~ Range can be anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 mile

PURPOSE:
The reason for all of this is to turn an ENTIRE VEHICLE into ONE SPEAKER of a much larger audio array

Who has the best BASS system? Give them the receiver for the center channel...
Pick a ride for the left front, left rear, right front, and right rear speaker system - give them the keyfob receiver for that channel!!!

It would connect SIX CARS (or whatever) into a single giant PARKING LOT SIZED sound system...

This is possible people, I wonder if it has already been done?

I CANNOT DEVELOP this idea by myself, so I thought I should release the idea into the wild to see if anyone picks it up and runs with it

It would amount to a shared sound for clubs and groups that would be massive

* if we consider the effect of room filling entertainment systems and apply the same idea to a "Cruise In", satellite speakers do an amazing job -
But what if you have the biggest speaker systems someone can stuff in their ride to start with?

:unsure:

~You could BLAST the place

Last edited:
I get what your going for but I dont see it be very practical. Main reason is syncing the signal between the sources, and other than subs the other stages are directional and usually set up to be optimal in the vehicle. I think just doing a big outdoor array would be easier and better result. Good idea hough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.