I have 3 amps but dont know where to put them??

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
i have a dodge ram 1500 2005 slt four door truck with 2 batterys, 1 of which is wired and under my back seat in one of the 2 deep spots. i have 3 amps, a rockford fosgate 1000.1 bd, 300.1 fosgate, and a 4 channel eclipse amp. my friend told me an amp rack would be good? but i have no idea where to find one or make one. maybe another option would be good? LMK!!!

You could sell all the amps and buy a ppi phantom 900.4 for your front stage and the ppi phantom 1000.1 for sub stage. If you did that they would all fit in the console . Just an idea.. They are very small amps with really good specs and power, and money wise you could buy both for like 360$ shipped.

If not something like that if I remember the dodge correctly behind the rear seat there is enough space to mount them to the back of the cab.

the 300.1 is for an 8 inch sub in my roof and the eclipse amp that i HAD blew when i was trying to install the speakers somehow? and it wont turn on even though it was working while i was changing from speaker to speaker to see what wire went to what and then i was going to the next speaker and the amp shut off and wouldnt turn on even when i ran a wire straight from the control to the power.

all four of the fuses on the eclipse are fine. i know its bad but i dont have a fuse going from the battery in the back of my truck to the amp... i have a fuse from front battery to the back battery but not fromt he back battery to my amp.

the amp location can also depend on how your substage is laid out....if you have a large enclosure you can mount the amps or amp rack on one fo the wall on the box or below the rear window if you have space..there are many options but we need more info

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.