I hate cars

Mynameismcgyver
10+ year member

Buford T. Justice
GRRR! Just over a week since i spent 4 days replacing the broken timing belt in my Intrepid and checking all the valves....More **** hit the fan. I concluded that the timng belt tensioner bearings puked, eventually spitting the balls out eating up at the belt. At the same time, the water pump bearing was on its last leg and puking. So when the belt started getting hot and greasy the belt was not able to turn the pump overheating the car/and the belt. Then the belt slipped and screwed the timing leading the car to shut off. IM like inspector gadget.

motor001.jpg

****, you seem like a fairly experienced mechanic- It's cool to see somebody works on their own cars around here.

Cars ****, maybe... But they are a ****load better than motorcycles and I doubt many people here would give up their wheels for a horse, a bike or a fast, strong girlfriend.

I dont hate cars... you just drive a dodge.

the intrepid is KNOWN for having many, many things go wrong with it at one time... then 2 weeks later again.

Get a nice import or something

... consider yourself lucky. Ive had 2 freinds with intrepids and they ahd more problems than they could count... that and my dad and i help freinds and stuff with their cars, and the transmission in just about every dodge not made within like the last few years has ******...

... consider yourself lucky. Ive had 2 freinds with intrepids and they ahd more problems than they could count... that and my dad and i help freinds and stuff with their cars, and the transmission in just about every dodge not made within like the last few years has ******...
yeah. Definitely the trannys are POS. But if you got the 3.5L you should get lucky. The 2.7 and the 3.2 are garbage in my opinion.

get a bike. faster, lighter, and easier to work on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.