I give up, every car I get rattles.

I swear maybe 5 years ago there was someone on here who filled heir car doors with cement
... Extreame class vehicals do that often. I am assuming the guy your reffering to is not extreme class, but extreme idiot shortbus candidate?...

Cars these days are made to get good gas mileage and the more deadening you apply, the more weight added, the worse the mileage. So for most vehicles it will take a lot of work to get rid of all the rattles.

pull the plastic spare tire well panel out or deaden it. Weatherstripping foam tape and self tapping screws also come in very handy when dealing with plastic panels.

I have NO rattles in my car and it does around 160 on music. Windshields are a diff story though

I'm in the same boat, OP. I'm about ready to give up on a decently loud sub stage altogether. My rear deck rattles drive me batty. And my rearview is like the loudest damn thing in the car.

Only thing that vibrates is the spare tire well... it's made out of plastic.
IMG_0630.jpg
Nothing else rattles...
You can take that out, and deaden the inside, then make a false floor out of 3/8 plywood,and cover it with carpeting, and it should be fine??,or at least it worked for me on y 1990 240sx,and was cheap to do...All newer vehicles are made cheaply,to Crush/crimple in accidents/thus made out of cheap thin metal,verses old vehicles..Its nature of the beast..lol..You could get like a 1980 monte carlo,that is hard metal/steel framed, and put a system in that ,in which would sound amazing,and could be easier to make a great sq vehicle compared to todays tin thin buckets:)

You can take that out, and deaden the inside, then make a false floor out of 3/8 plywood,and cover it with carpeting, and it should be fine??,or at least it worked for me on y 1990 240sx,and was cheap to do...All newer vehicles are made cheaply,to Crush/crimple in accidents/thus made out of cheap thin metal,verses old vehicles..Its nature of the beast..lol..You could get like a 1980 monte carlo,that is hard metal/steel framed, and put a system in that ,in which would sound amazing,and could be easier to make a great sq vehicle compared to todays tin thin buckets:)
Funny thing is, I did completely sound deaden it and put a circular 3/4th inch mdf false floor for an amp rack... no help.... I guess I'll live with it until I figure something out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.