I dont want to die

sobe3yourself.
10+ year member

lordside gangster
Orange, CA
I am going to change out that red Rockford fosgate wire for some welding cable.

If i am just going to swap out the wires, do i need to remove the negative battery terminal first or is it okay to just take the red out and put in the welding cable?

v7d34x.jpg

Disconnect the red wire from the battery first. Then disconnect it from the amp and pull it out. Run ur cable and hook it back up the battery last. While ur at it u should try to get those 2 starter wires " that's what im assuming they are" in that terminal alittle better than that.

I've seen some battery explosions that were pretty nasty...But I think most have survived...some have lost eyesight due to the acid and had their faces scarred beyond recognition but the good thing they lived....so you shouldn't have to worry about dying //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks for all the help guys.

i changed it out, and those two wires look so bad because i had to cut them to fit a little cup that came with the terminal.

i also cleaned those up

I've seen some battery explosions that were pretty nasty...But I think most have survived...some have lost eyesight due to the acid and had their faces scarred beyond recognition but the good thing they lived....so you shouldn't have to worry about dying //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I would rather die...but thats just me

My battery caused my starter to go bad. Well replaced the starter and my voltage wasnt good. Drove 5 miles to autozone and popped the hood and my battery was smoking like a chimney. Scary times, I was ready for it to pop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sobe3yourself.

10+ year member
lordside gangster
sobe3yourself.
Orange, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date