I done goofed....

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
Well, I got a powerbass ASA 600.4 from a seller on here. it can do 4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 200 watts x 4 chan. or Bridged, 4 ohms: 400 watts x 2 chan.

So I want to run 2 sets (4 total) of these Pyle PDBT18 Bullet Horn Tweeter Pair and these 4 Pyle PPA6 6-1/2" PA Speaker

I can wire the tweets down to 2 ohm and be fine and dandy but the speakers are giving me a problem. The lowest I can wire them is to 4ohms. With on 100 watts, those 2 speakers would see only 50 watts if im lucky. What can I do? I dont think I can wire them lower so would I need to get different speakers or just stick with the 50?

Thanks guys and sorry for blowing up the forum the past few days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i've never personally ran pyle but i hear their not to good. the tweets will be way over powered at 2ohm be careful there. those mids should be fine on 50~rms each. i almost bet u either one would fry on rated power. my brother inlaw is all about cheap he fried his pyle xgear 6.5"s on 40 rms. i think they were rated at 150. hope this helps.

or order 4 more mids and run two sets of 4 mids at 2ohm each quad set. i think it's pretty common practice to run mids in a 2:1 ratio with tweets. as a single tweet cam get real loud on the same power as a mid.

Throughout the years you see what are almost trends. A brand gets popular next thing everyone has to have it , kinda like kicker. In the late 80s and through out the 90's Pyles and MTX were bad MF speakers! I still have to believe that Pyle makes a good product, I believe its just not in trend. JVC was another big name and now that Kenwood owns them I can see them making a comeback even though its the same JVC that has always been around.

Throughout the years you see what are almost trends. A brand gets popular next thing everyone has to have it , kinda like kicker. In the late 80s and through out the 90's Pyles and MTX were bad MF speakers! I still have to believe that Pyle makes a good product, I believe its just not in trend. JVC was another big name and now that Kenwood owns them I can see them making a comeback even though its the same JVC that has always been around.
^^^ Im running these cause of a few guys giving them the thumbs up.

They are side by side with BOSS and pyramid

They are side by side with BOSS and pyramid
lol, my first set up was this :

Amazon.com : Pyramid PW1048USX 10-Inch 500 Watt High Performance 8 Ohm Subwoofer : Car Electronics

on amp but the 1990 version:

http://www.amazon.com/MTX-Audio-500C4-Coustic-Amplifier/dp/B0067O0ER2/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1409977822&sr=1-4&keywords=coustic+amp

and yes its pyramid but **** did they rock the heck out of my hatchback! Im telling you , alot of this lower end stuff is a great bang for the buck . Would I buy them ? um, no but I still defend them .

pyle's home audio stuff isn't bottom tier like their car audio stuff would very little difference then other off the shelf pro audio stuff.
yea, I was basing my opinion of what you and popwarhomie said.

Guys, this isnt about what brand speakers im running, its about will it work and sound right. This isnt going in a car so it needs to be VERY low budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.