I could use some help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

MRBlackburn

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Alright, I have a Subaru Impreza 2006 with a stock stereo ... It has no AUX and I've been tired of using an FM transmitter because they're noisy so I bought a cheap Kenwood KDC-MP338 stereo with AUX input. The wiring harness head did not fit (obviously) so I cut wires and started taping... (I know most of you are going to talk to me about soldering or caps... I understand I hacked it in, but honestly its just for AUX input so I don't care much).

Anyways, I was having a hell of a time getting the wires right. I used two diagrams (I'll post the websites at the bottom) to match the wiring but I could not get any power to the display and I also lost dash lights in the process. At one point, some wires crossed and the stereo/dash lit up... I ended up connecting the Subaru +12Volt memory wire, to the Subaru +12 Volt Accessory wire, and the Subaru Illumination+ Wire and then connecting that to the Kenwood Ignition wire and battery wire... I know this is a mess, but it worked...

Everything works fine except one thing, my car dash (clock, KM tracker, and stereo) have no memory... Any suggestions? I know I did a pretty rusty job but I was getting annoyed trying.

These are the diagrams I used:

Kenwood - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/777461/Kenwood-Kdc-Mp338.html?page=19
Subaru - https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Subaru-Suzuki/subaru_impreza_wrx_pinout.shtml

There is a wire that has a constant 12 volts, even with the key off. That should be hooked to the stereos memory wire. You need a cheap volt meter. much easier than studying a manual and hoping it’s right.

There is a wire that has a constant 12 volts, even with the key off. That should be hooked to the stereos memory wire. You need a cheap volt meter. much easier than studying a manual and hoping it’s right.

I think I found the issue, the fuse for the memory was blown. When I changed it, the stereo stays on when the car is off, I've got to go a readjust the wires and it'll be fine... Hopefully. Good call about the volt meter. I'll see if I have one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.