I can't hear my bass outside my car!! HELP!

Man, this brings back memories. Let me guess, your in HS and you are getting into your first system, right. I used to want to be loud and "bangin" but after a while I got tired of that. When you put hours upon hours of thought and labor into your own system you learn from your experience and your sytem is somewhat a part of you. Its not all about people hearing you or how much doe you put into it. Sound quality is a virtue and hard work is what it takes for a good, clean, undistorted system. Forget impressing people with a loud obnoxious nuisance of a system and built it to your liking, use your ears. People have their own radios, they don't need to listen to yours.
Holy **** this thread is old, Now I feel like a retard, o well.
I didn't want people to hear my first system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

(and I was in High School)

well, since everyone else is posting i may as well too...lol

yeah 7 years ago...it would be kinda cool to see if the original poster still has the same goal in mind with his system...or if he changed his mind.

This reminds me of the time one of my friends wanted to bang so bad he put 6 subs in a box with about 1 port per sub and tiny holes to 'add more base'. He put it in 87 monte I think, but it had every sub from kenwood to sony. Man the bass was so terrible, but it banged the the top of the trunk. So he was satisfied. I wish I wouldve took a picture.

Last Activity: 08-07-2002 09:54 AM

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

it dont take 2000 watts rms to be heard from a good distance fyi.for example this kid at my work drives a 93 civic hatch,he got some real cheap nasty 12's in a bandpass box running on a scoche (sp?)550w hyperdrive amp that i sold him.you can hear him a good ways off but sounds like totall shiat in the car.when our cars are side by side,i can easily drown him out though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

typically, cars are terrible for bass outside the vehicle. thats why they invented SUVs, especially second gen exploders //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Gotta agree here. I just went through about 150 sq ft of dynamat. If you really want to be heard a long way off just get a bunch of house speakers and tie them to the roof with clothesline the way my crazy drunk uncle used to do.

Amen trixter. I once spread a 5 gallon bucket of fosgates "noise killer" on the floor boards with a broom. I probably spent 5 or $600 on just the sound deadening material. When I sas done you couldn't even tell I had a stereo. To me that's a "real" car stereo.

Ha, this reminds me of my mustang. I had two 12" earthquakes on 2300 watts and it was ****ed loud. But my neighbor in his ranger had 4 15's and when he would pull up next to me all of a sudden I couldnt even tell my radio was on.

it dont take 2000 watts rms to be heard from a good distance fyi.for example this kid at my work drives a 93 civic hatch,he got some real cheap nasty 12's in a bandpass box running on a scoche (sp?)550w hyperdrive amp that i sold him.you can hear him a good ways off but sounds like totall shiat in the car.when our cars are side by side,i can easily drown him out though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ha..lol...a guy i went to high school with (back in the early 90's) had 4 12's 2 15's and 4 10's all running off fosgate amps...sounded aweful but was really loud. he had them in an ealy 80's monte...the trunk and back seat were stuffed. he'd ride around the parking lot with his trunk open. sometimes when he came to my house he would get out and press himself up against my house and be like "dude, you can feel you house vibrating...."...lmao.

How are you guys gonna sit here and say that having subs arent atleast partly for showing off? What do you think sound comps are for? To see whos is louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Most guys strive to be the loudest as its primal instinct sort of an alpha male type deal. Being louder gets you respect, but is also risky in certain situations. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

And to the OP: if you wanna be loud in and out of the car, roll the windows down, vent or remove the back seat/rear deck. Throw away your current setup and go with 2 12s/15s ported, on atleast 1000 rms. Being loud outside the car gets expensive real quick. Especially if you dont watch where you play it at. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Also, read the how to not get jacked thread a few times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.