I can't hear my bass outside my car!! HELP!

canuphillme

Okay so.. I see all of these guys rollin' down the road blarring their bass to where you can hear them like a mile down the road. I have worked long and hard to do this. I finally got my sub and amp. It's a JBL BP600.1 to an Infinity Kappa 120.3dvc 12in inside of a sealed 1 cubic foot box.

Now.. if I have all of my windows rolled down and my trunk popped open and cracked... i can hear it pretty well outside of the car. Is it because my trunk keeps all of the bass in the car? It's a great bass sound.. I just want to be able to hear it outside of the car? Is this impossible? What should I do? I drive a 95 Pontiac Grand AM. Thank you so much for you input. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i have a Q before an A......

why do you want others to hear YOUR bass? to impress your 'home' boys and knock over senior citizens? sounds to me like a Y to the E to the S. a big //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif on this one...

sorry, i feel for you dude //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I don't want to knock down senior citizens... just impress my friends. Isn't that what this is all about? I just need to know how to make sound come out of my sound-tight trunk. I don't need a "no-no"... just an answer. Thanks.

Originally posted by canuphillme I don't want to knock down senior citizens... just impress my friends. Isn't that what this is all about? .
Its about building a system for yourself..I tell people..build a custom vehicle for yourself, not what others tell you to do...same sort of thing applies here. If you want it loud get a bigger box...if they doesnt work for you then add another woofer and more watts.

If you make it loud enough to hear outside your car and you play it that way most of the time, you better be prepared to reinvest in new equipment on a regular basis as it will soon become someone else's property - as in Stolen. That's what happens when you profile yourself. The booming thumps or the blast-furnace bass lines are an invitation, they say "look at me, look what I've got" Sure, an alarm may help, but if you taunt someone... just say goodbye, whip out your checkbook and start over.

Good Luck, Dude

Originally posted by yoratbastard If you make it loud enough to hear outside your car and you play it that way most of the time, you better be prepared to reinvest in new equipment on a regular basis as it will soon become someone else's property - as in Stolen. That's what happens when you profile yourself. The booming thumps or the blast-furnace bass lines are an invitation, they say "look at me, look what I've got" Sure, an alarm may help, but if you taunt someone... just say goodbye, whip out your checkbook and start over.

Good Luck, Dude
that what a Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon Permit is for

hmmm, well i have a few things to say, first of all, one sub in a sealed box isnt going to be too well heard. Second of all, that knocking down senior citizens thing was hilarious, lmao. and chris229 are you really going to shoot someone because they stole ur ****? NO. well you might, but, i doubt it. and NO, letting or making others hear your bass ISN'T what its all about. its just getting enough bass or quality in your sound, that you liek it. and if you like others to hear your bass then great! But i know wut your looking for, and your not going to get it with your setup, sorry.

Isn't the entire name of the game keeping as much bass as possible inside the vechicle A) so it sounds larger and cleaner and B) so your car doesn't rattle. I mean the louder it is outside, the less your gonna hear it inside. If you wanted other people to hear your stuff you should have gotten 2 15's in a 10 cu ft box heh

Originally posted by 85ss I have 1 12 in a sealed box and you can hear mine pretty good.
Well it all depends on the vehicle and subs etc I guess. Like you can barely hear my stuff outside the vehicle if it is all closed up and I have a good bit of bass heh. You can just hear the entire car vibrating and people give me strange looks like "Why is your car convulsioning randomly"

put your subs on your roof and then they can hear it but you might not you should forget your freands they did not pay for your system but if you must have it then get better subs with a bigger amp and a ported box, rip all of the carpet out of your trunk and anything else that may stop your bass from getting to your freands... but this is just my thoughts

why do you want others to hear your bass.....we laugh at all those guys because their cars sound like complete crap and they look like freakin morons..., the less rattles you have the cleaner the bass and the louder it will be inside....the more pressure that escapes it will be more quiet inside...

plus all you do is make noise laws tougher for us, people who want to be responsible with their music.....

if u have the fold down seats that will help..

in manchester.. u can just walk down town and all the cars have there **** loud..

and i only go up to the cars that i can hear a mile down.. cuz they gotta have some good ****. i duno.. just my 50cents.. =D

maybe more subs would help u.. 2

I spent three months installing, ~100 square feet of sound deading material, and ~40 square feet of accoustic foam padding to keep the sound in the car. It amazes me that someone would go in the completly opposite direction for a completly opposite affect.

By the way....you can't hear my car 10' away at full volume with everything closed up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.