I can't hear my bass outside my car!! HELP!

Amen trixter. I once spread a 5 gallon bucket of fosgates "noise killer" on the floor boards with a broom. I probably spent 5 or $600 on just the sound deadening material. When I sas done you couldn't even tell I had a stereo. To me that's a "real" car stereo.

I gotta agree here. Your friends that are booming outside their cars etc.. are only wasting the money they spent so others can hear a mumbled pile of crap a few blocks away. Take a step back and look at if you are out to sound good for yourself and others in the car or for grandma and grandpa joe down the block? I spent a ton of money and time ripping out seats carpet and dashboard in my explorer so I could deaden everything so no sound is escaping. Sure if I put the windows down you will be able to hear the finished system from a good distance, but then again that is what windows ae for right? LOL If you want to get it outside tho you are going to have to get more equipment bottom line.

eh, i guess goals are different for everybody. if i wanted my bass to be loud from outside i would start with lets say

1 - more power, hm.. say 2000 wrms

2 - bigger box volume, bandpass, and drivers optimised for this app

3 - throw out all the soundproofing there is on the back of the rear seat and deck, and maybe even put some extra holes in strategic places //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but probably THE way to do it would be to install a resonant port (say 6" diam pvc pipe) from your trunk straight to the outside (lets say through bottom of trunk) and then tune it to about 43 hz for where the boom is, that would be effective i think, but very gay at the same time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif plus you would probably get water in your trunk when driving in the rain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

actually it might not be possible to tune since trunk is not exactly rigid enclosure, and also now that i think about it, since it would be a bandpass box you should be tuning it to higher freq, more like 80 hz .... it would pass all freqs down from there

dont try it unless youre desperate though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Car Audio is NOT about having everyone else hear your bass miles away. It's about having loud, full, music in your car. That's it plain and simple. If you're simply doing it, or even if half the reason you're doing it, is to impress your friends, than you just wasted a lot of money.

Originally posted by drummer_punk82 Car Audio is NOT about having everyone else hear your bass miles away. It's about having loud, full, music in your car. That's it plain and simple. If you're simply doing it, or even if half the reason you're doing it, is to impress your friends, than you just wasted a lot of money.
I am going to agree here, but what the hell do you have windows for? LOL Make the system knock and sound good and keep it in the car, but if on occasion you want to stunt it a bit roll the windows down. At least that way the highs can come thru a bit and maybe someone else can enjoy it a bit too. LOL

Originally posted by Night Pirate Im sure it's just a nasty rumor but I have heard that it is usually louder in your car....imagine that WOW
NO WAY!!!

Say it isn't so!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D LOL

I have 2 12 inch 120.3 DVC subs in a sealed enclosure and fatmat the whole trunk. My brother has 1 12 inch kicker CVR hooked to 300 RMS that sounds louder outside of his buick. My car inside is undoubtly louder and sounds way better. I have to agree with everyone. Why would you spend (in my case a grand) to let other people outside the car listen to it? I have a cadence 600w amp at 1 ohm powering mine, sounds great.

want to know what i do so other people can hear my bass.. I go and buy systems for everyone so they can all hear MY system..!! People don't want to hear your system.. Plain and simple..

Question.. Are you the person who pulls up to a stoplight and turns up your music or turns it down..

If you are the guy who turns it up you have a long way to come to appreciating a system.. If you turn it down as not to bother others you are doing good.. If you have it at a reasonable level then no need to change it..

Man, this brings back memories. Let me guess, your in HS and you are getting into your first system, right. I used to want to be loud and "bangin" but after a while I got tired of that. When you put hours upon hours of thought and labor into your own system you learn from your experience and your sytem is somewhat a part of you. Its not all about people hearing you or how much doe you put into it. Sound quality is a virtue and hard work is what it takes for a good, clean, undistorted system. Forget impressing people with a loud obnoxious nuisance of a system and built it to your liking, use your ears. People have their own radios, they don't need to listen to yours.

Holy **** this thread is old, Now I feel like a retard, o well.

Man, this brings back memories. Let me guess, your in HS and you are getting into your first system, right. I used to want to be loud and "bangin" but after a while I got tired of that. When you put hours upon hours of thought and labor into your own system you learn from your experience and your sytem is somewhat a part of you. Its not all about people hearing you or how much doe you put into it. Sound quality is a virtue and hard work is what it takes for a good, clean, undistorted system. Forget impressing people with a loud obnoxious nuisance of a system and built it to your liking, use your ears. People have their own radios, they don't need to listen to yours.
Holy **** this thread is old, Now I feel like a retard, o well.
even if they were in hs this is 7 yrs old

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.