Hyundai Sante fe Tuning/RSD install. (pics,long)

Participant count
  • Participant list

goodstuff
10+ year member

LOL
Northeast
So I'm getting paid to tune up an install in a Hyundai Sante fe.

First a breakdown of what's already installed:

Two JBL 12's, facing towards the rear, model unknown, powered by an autotek ss300.3.

Some coaxials in the rear (pioneer I think) powered by an autotek200.2.

Under the passenger seat in the front there is a four channel kicker impulse 356xi.

As you can see there were Oz audio mids in the midbass locations mounted with plastic bucket lids, LOL. Plastican ftl. There's one pic were you can see a huge air gap between the bucket lid and the stock plastic mount.

There "were" pioneer tweeters in the stock locations but I blew them when I though they were a component set with the midbasses(before I got the doors off) and accidently bridged them to the kicker and sent them a full range signal,opps.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I should have just taken the doors off right away(which took all of 10 minutes when I finally did, because someone had already broken most of the clips that held them on) and I would have avoided that. I don't normally deal with other peoples installs other than replacing or installing new stuff and this has been a learning experience,no doubt.

So now I will be installing a set of the newest forum boner, Phoenix gold rsd 6.5's. We are going to try it with just mdf rings and only deadening on the rings between the door/ring and ring/speaker because I just don't want to get into properly deadening someone else's car as I don't have the time. I'll post more pics when the rsds are installed.

Edit: I forgot there's a MA audio 1 farad cap for the amps in the back. I didn't waste my time trying to get it to be taken out as it's already installed and paid for and I don't think it's hurting anything(not helping though, lol)

Edit 2: Sorry, just realized that the pics **** because my camera was set to close up mode.

S5030559.jpg

S5030562.jpg

S5030566-1.jpg

S5030567.jpg

S5030569.jpg

S5030571.jpg

S5030565-1.jpg

S5030564-1.jpg

S5030563-1.jpg

Updates.

S5030574.jpg

The rsd's are in.

S5030607.jpg

Mdf mounting rings are made.

S5030592.jpg

S5030591.jpg

S5030589.jpg

Tweeters are mounted to the sail panels and ready to be connected.

S5030586.jpg

It took me a while to figure it out, but there are springs in the backs of the mounting cups that allow the tweeter to swivel. At first I though it was part of the voice coil before I got it out of the cup.

S5030601.jpg

S5030602.jpg

I built this little thing to hold the crossovers under the seat next to the amp. The black thing sticking out of the side is a piece of a h/u mounting bracket wrapped up in duct tape and screwed to the underside of the wood. This will slide in between the amp and the carpet to hold the crossovers in place.

Hopefully this will be finished tonight. I will post more pics at that point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.