Hyundai Monsoon-how do I find where problem lies?

Participant count
  • Participant list

scajjr2

Wife has a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 6 CD Monsoon system. Sound lately has had no bass. Seems like the front door speakers are working for the mid-range (though the volume is weak/low) but not the bass. Door pillar tweeters work as do the rear speakers.

My question is how do I troubleshoot what the problem is? Is the amp (and side glass antenna boost, the reception seems weak as well) not being triggered? Amp not working? Radio itself causing it? Do the doors speakers just blow the woofer part while the mid-range keeps working?

I had a mid-90's Dodge Caravan years ago that had a Monsoon and that one didn't trigger the door speakers until a ground wire was run from radio to frame. Does this Hyundai Monsoon work the same?

Thanks for any help.

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.