hushmat vs raamat? which is better

trunks9_us
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok so i notice i can get hushmat for 250 about 60ft

and i can get raamat 60 ft give or take for about 150 .

So which is better i mean its a big price difference so i mean why the money difference. is hushmat better or can someone plz tell me differences btw these 2? need opinions thx.

And i am not looking for the cheapest product i am looking for the best product. i would rather buy 60ft of hushmat for 250 then pay 300 for 120 of raamat if its the same quality i mean for 2 layers vs 1 on the sound deadener.

i think b-quiet is selling theirs at 140 for 100 sq ft
Thats for be-quiet extreme, which is Rubberized Asphalt ( the cheap stuff). If you buy from be-quiet get the Ultimate, which is Butyl(withstands higher temperatures). Still then, the raamat is a little cheaper than the be quiet ultimate. Both are pretty even in quality, but the obvious winner is the ram for the price.

I don't have any first hand experience with Hushmat, but it is supposed to be close to Second Skin Damplifier quality. It is impossible to say for sure. Their Web site is full of unsubstantiated claims and some that are just obviously false:

HushMat Ultra is provides 16% more material by weight than the closest competitor.
What does that even mean? I don't know. It would be useful to know how thick the foil layer is, what the heat tolerance is, etc.

Since I can't compare Hushmat to RAAMmat, I'll compare RAAMmat to Second Skin Damplifier. Both are very good products. If quality is your primary concern, go with the Damplifier. If you want value, RAAMmat will serve you well. Damplifier has a thicker foil layer and a higher quality adhesive. Both are good things, but we are getting into a gray area. How much quality do you want or need? It is certain that the thicker foil will be more effective, but it will slice your hands up in the bargain. The Damplifier adhesive will also be slightly more effective and will have the secondary benefits of being less gooey and allowing you to reposition misplaced pieces. Damplifier's adhesive strength increases over time. RAAMmat's starts stronger but doesn't improve much with continued contact.

I'm updating Sound Deadener Showdown right now, but it looks like my original conclusions will stand: Damplifier for quality, RAAMmat for value. Cascade is going to be up there with Damplifier. A final choice also depends on any hookup you might have locally. Dynamat Xtreme is better quality than RAAMmat, but generally MUCH more expensive than either Damplifier or RAAMmat. If you know someone who will sell your DX at RAAMmat prices, that would make sense.

You will get the same results using somewhat less Damplifier than RAAMmat. How much less will depend on the exact application so I couldn't give exact figures even if I had the ability to test those things.

Raammat. I am installing some right now in my truck... It's adhesive is very strong, applies in cold weather very well! I'll have to say once it's pressed on with your fingers to the door it's not coming off anytime soon... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

And it was cheap. It's really suprising how easy it is to install and if you screw up you can with a little effor peel it back off and stick her back on again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.