HU works without ground..??

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i found this hard to believe but when i redone some of my wiring on my HU, i noticed that i would work and the ground not be atached to anything at all....is this normal???..(i've got a Jensen UV8 flip screen if that helps...i know, not good, jensen *****...blah, blah, blah)

Well here's one way to look at it but still different. All the old old houses never had a ground. Only 2 prongs not 3. But they found that was not safe so there is now a ground.

If that's wrong some1 please correct me.

my radio is a jensen uv8 flip screen, already stated before.....and it must me my antenna because my radio won't even be in the dash and still work without the ground wire..

Well here's one way to look at it but still different. All the old old houses never had a ground. Only 2 prongs not 3. But they found that was not safe so there is now a ground. If that's wrong some1 please correct me.
You still need a full current flow...that means from positive to negative. You can't have them both in one wire.

The 2 prongs were a positive and a negative

the 'ground' in your car is just a negative

There is a posi and neutral in a house.. lol

My moms house had a ground but the bare 4 wire (ground) ran under the house and was just hanging... I ended up driving a ground rod for her and hooking it up

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
It's actually probably grounding through the antenna.
I've seen some Sony's that will ONLY work if the ant is connected. Found that out when trying to bench test it. Power/ground connected and no go. Was like WTF.

Put it in the car and when I plugged in the ANT it worked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

theres a hot and a neutral but its not necessarily positive

...lol
Most people look at me like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif when I say hot... How would it not necessarily be positive?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.