HU with Best EQ

Participant count
  • Participant list

InvisibleSun

LA
Hi,

This forum is great! I did a bunch of searching and found a lot of great info but I have one question about my upcoming HU purchase. First a little background - I am spending about 2K on a new system for my Suzuki Aerio SX (HU, 4 speakers, amps, SW). I was going to get an EQ so I could control the SW and have more control of the system but the more I was reading, the more I found people saying get a good H U with a SW control and an EQ built in. Is this the best idea? If so, which HU's do you recommend? I was planning on spening about $500 for the HU and EQ together...

Thanks!

Erick

for the price range you mentioned I believe an Eclipse 8454/8053/5444 is your best bet, and maybe some Premier models (not familiar with price)

I like the idea of a Clarion Pro Audio DRZ9255,its dead sexy- but its packs a nice pricetag to buy it legitly

Just make sure you buy a HU with enough processing ability to handle all those DSP functions without compromising overall performance-

here is some info on the Eclipses, from Perry B's site

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/244000-244999/244210_77_full.jpg

Thanks! Those Eclipse models look great and are just inside my price. I found a JVC model KD-LH300 for about $200 that has a 7 Band EQ and a subwoofer output with controller. Is this any good? Found mixed things about it on the board - like JVC decks skip with heavy bass...

But spending $550 or so on a HU that has an EQ is a better way to go then getting a HU for $250 and a separate EQ for $250? It sounds like it would be better to get a nicer HU that can do more and has better sound quality...

That Pioneer Premier DEHP960MP looks pretty sweet too.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif

the 8053 has a 10 band parametric eq, but you can adjust any of the 28 bands in pro mode or the std 10 bands in non pro mode. and its less than what you want to spend. This is a top of the line deck, will blow away that JVC

I can get you a eclipse 8053 for 360 shipped NIB, and if you want the 16V preout adapter and 70 bucks.
Thanks - I'll think about it. I have a guy here who will get me anything at cost. But I will check with him to see if he can get this and for how much...

That Pioneer Premier DEHP960MP looks pretty sweet too.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif
it is man i just bought it... i got mine for $270, but they can be gotten on ebay for around $400. i would recommend this hu, the eclipses mentioned above, and the alpine 9835

also a good deal on crutchfield for the alpine 9830, good deck and deal right there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.