HU Help - Really Pissed Off

95monteBUMP

I think I may have blown up my HU or something, but before I go out and do something drastic I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone knew anything I could do. My HU turns on as normal, plays CD's and tunes the radio. But I can not get sound to come out of any speaker. I get power returns on all wires at both the HU harness, and the speakers. I have checked all connections and all fuses. I have tried hooking up just my RCA cables to the amp, and then hooking my 6x9's up to the amp - but still got nothing. Anyone know what could possibly be causing this? I think I may have blown something in my HU, but I really have no idea. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

everything works like normal but there is no sound right.

The amp doesn't work and the RCA outputs don't work either right?

This would mean that the amp is probally fine it sounds more like a preamp stage unless the radio still works.

Need some more info.

There is no sound at all form radio or cd?

Speakers don't hum even at the volume turned all the way up?

Rca don't work?

But the deck works just fine but no sound?

Originally posted by Plater everything works like normal but there is no sound right.

The amp doesn't work and the RCA outputs don't work either right?

This would mean that the amp is probally fine it sounds more like a preamp stage unless the radio still works.

Need some more info.

There is no sound at all form radio or cd?

Speakers don't hum even at the volume turned all the way up?

Rca don't work?

But the deck works just fine but no sound?
Yeah, that's what you would think it was, but it may be due to how the internals are wired. I saw a friend of my who thought he know what he was doing fry his HU by shorting the high power output wires that connect to the speakers from the HU, everything on the cd player "appeared" to work, but there was no sound afterwords, and the sub's (which were on a rear preout) didn't have sound come out of them either. We took a multimeter to the connections and the preout's and high level outs didn't work, they each had a small ambience however (a very small voltage, not large enough to produce sound, doesn't change when volume is changed).

Some more info -

No there is not any sound coming out from either the radio or the CD

Speakers do not hum.... I have heard some noise when messing with wires, like a quick connection, but nothing longer than half a second

RCA's dont work - I believe...

The deck works perfectly fine, ejects CD's, switches from radio to CD, everything

One more tidbit... when I was working on it, I had to run a jumper cable from the power to my remote lead on my amp for it to power up... for some reason the HU was not powering up the amp...

I went and bought a new HU today, installed it and everything works fine... Im gonna take it someplace and have it tested to see what the problem is (was). Kinda frustrating few days, just glad its over (just mad im out 500 bucks though).

Anybody have any guesses on what the repair price might be on a amp replacement on a stereo.

BTW my HU is the Pioneer GM/Chrysler sized stereo - about 2 yrs old.

Thanks for your help guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.