hu cuts out front speakers at high volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

Falcons
5,000+ posts

that **** i dont like
my friend just installed a hu in his 04 audi a4, and it cuts out the front speakers when they get even remotely loud (26/35 on the hu). we tried replacing this hu with another aftermarket unit and it is still having issues. i checked the ohm reading on the speakers and they read right around 4. what could be the problem? he is most likely going to just buy new speakers and amp them if we can figure out whats going on.

There may be a factory amplifier off the wiring harness that may be located in the rear of the car, or just behind the glove box..that will/could be your issue..id look further into that situation,of a stock amplifier implanted

my friend just installed a hu in his 04 audi a4, and it cuts out the front speakers when they get even remotely loud (26/35 on the hu). we tried replacing this hu with another aftermarket unit and it is still having issues. i checked the ohm reading on the speakers and they read right around 4. what could be the problem? he is most likely going to just buy new speakers and amp them if we can figure out whats going on.
what kind of door speakers are you running?

Try double-grounding the grounds coming out of the receiver. Make sure there are no frayed wires. Disconnect and reconnect battery. Make sure you are using high quality files for listening (not youtube rips).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.