HU, $250 or lower?

Eclipse makes a deck under 250. Well not with tax. It has a lot of great stuff, and comes with a anti theft guard. (they will replace it if stolen) High volt pre-outs, built in x-over, mp3/cdrw, 3 sets of RCA's. I LOVE MINE

Thats a loud of bull! I ran so many eclipse decks because there nice. All the eclipse decks have the ESN theft on them, except their cheapest model I believe.

I heard so many rumors about the ESN. Some people say its a built in gps tracking system, that if your deck gets stolen you call eclipse and they will beguin a trace on it next time it powers up.

I also heard that eclipse will replace it if stolen.

But none of these are true. Goto their site and see where it says this!!! It seems audio dealers like to make these up so they can sell you a 400 buck cd player.

ESN is Eclipse Security Network, and what it does is enables you to use a personalized code or cd that must be inserted into the deck the next time you use it if the power has been disconnected. If the wrong code, or cd is entered too many times it will lock the cd player up, so it will have to be sent to eclipse so they can unlock it. The decks aint even detachable faced.

But if I where to steal a deck and it was locked out I sure wouldnt send it to eclipse so I could be caught.

http://www.eclipse-web.com.au/

Thats a loud of bull! I ran so many eclipse decks because there nice. All the eclipse decks have the ESN theft on them, except their cheapest model I believe.
I heard so many rumors about the ESN. Some people say its a built in gps tracking system, that if your deck gets stolen you call eclipse and they will beguin a trace on it next time it powers up.

But none of these are true. Goto their site and see where it says this!!! It seems audio dealers like to make these up so they can sell you a 400 buck cd player.

ESN is Eclipse Security Network, and what it does is enables you to use a personalized code or cd that must be inserted into the deck the next time you use it if the power has been disconnected. If the wrong code, or cd is entered too many times it will lock the cd player up, so it will have to be sent to eclipse so they can unlock it. The decks aint even detachable faced.

But if I where to steal a deck and it was locked out I sure wouldnt send it to eclipse so I could be caught.

Eclipse will replace the deck if stolen within the first year of ownership. That has been their policy since ESN was first used in their decks 10 years ago. IF the deck is stolen, you have to complete an esn form, and provide a copy of a police report. I don't know how you can say that is not true. The deck does NOT have gps in it.

Here is a quote from their website as well, "Any ECLIPSE mobile entertainment system is an investment. It’s protected with ECLIPSE Security Network (ESN), an effective theft-deterrent feature which totally disables a head unit until a Key Disc recognized by the head unit is inserted. ESN is so secure that ECLIPSE guarantees ESN protected products against theft for a full year."

Also, if the deck is locked up, Eclipse can give you the code over the phone so you can unlock it as long as you are the rightful owner of the deck and it has been registered with Eclipse in your name.

How you could have run so many eclipse decks and not know about the 1 year replacement if stolen surprises me. It has been common knowledge, imo, for many years.

Youve clearly and obviously been misinformed.

Like posted above there is no GPS tracking.

They WILL replace the HU within the first year of ownership provided you have a valid sales receipt from an Authroized dealer, as well as a legit police report. Ebay/online sales do not apply.

They back ALL of their products with a three year warranty, provided it was dealer sold AND installed, other wise dealer sold and self installed...One year of warranty. Again ebay/online sales do not apply AT ALL.

If someone steals your HU and tries to take it to a dealer to have it "recoded" the dealer will contact Eclipse. Eclipse will then inform the dealer it is a stolen unit and the authorities will be contacted. With these FACTs in mind that is why they dont waste time/parts/space etc to make their HUs detachable.

To the original posted...the 3434 will typically be $299 from your dealer. The 3424 should be $249. Keep some piece of mind and buy it locally to have the security coverage as well as a warranty rather than Fleabaying it....

--Don

Apparently, YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHYT!!!

All Eclipse HU's have a 1 yr free theft-replacement warranty

If you owned any at all, you wouldn't be like 'i heard this, and i heard that...'

with all that stuff aside, if you own an eclipse you will never buy another deck. they are so user friendly. i bought an alpine 9835 and i hate it. the only way that it comes close to the sound of my eclipse is the fact that i am running an eq. i would strongly reccomend looking into them. find a dealer and at least play with one and see if you like the way it functions.

REALLY concidering the Nakamichi CD-400 now. The plain looks and (apparently) great quality are drawing me to it. I no longer have the need for the mp3. Any final input before I buy it? I got my own amps too.

REALLY concidering the Nakamichi CD-400 now. The plain looks and (apparently) great quality are drawing me to it. I no longer have the need for the mp3. Any final input before I buy it? I got my own amps too.
the Naks are nice and simple, my only dislike is that the face/buttons dont wear well with everyday use.....in a couple of months the deck looks like its 10yrs old

I have not heard a Nak, but I would love to sometime. That being said, I have been on the forums for quite some time, and the number of posts from people screaming of reliability/warranty problems seems to outweigh the number of posts from people who have had no issues. Everybody seems to report that they are great sounding decks.

Who ever actually looks at the deck anyway? Just memorize the buttons...

But if the Nak really has reliability problems, what else is in my range. To reiterate, I was thinking kenwood KDC-X679 also. Any experiences?

edit: or Clarion DXZ745MP

Satellite Radio Ready: Yes

RMS Power Output: 18 Watts

Preamp Voltage: 4 volts

Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: Yes

Maximum Power: 53 Watts

Changer Control: Yes

CD Text: Yes

Built-in EQ: Yes

CD-R/CD-RW Compatible: Yes

i like my 9830, great features, could have a better display for daytime but at night it's still a sexy unit
the 9830 is a great deck if you would like to run an eq with it. i have a 9830 and i have an eclipse 3434 and i dont even bother with an eq with my eclipse. i think the eclipse has more of a full sound and the alpine has kind of hollow sounding highs, but strong midrange. but that is just me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.