HP Touchpad running Android

blazeplacid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
DFW texas
I have a 16GB HP touchpad with HP Case.

This touchpad has been rooted and is running Cyanogen mod 7.

It will boot into WebOS or Android/Cyanogen mod.

I have the original box and all cables including the charger.

All buttons and screen functions work properly

$230 shipped

**Please remember this is still a ROM that is in progress and may have bugs**

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

By any chance have you tired to hook this up to a headunit via usb? I'm wanting to do a touchpad in my dash and have been looking around for one to be compatible with my headunit for music and video.

By any chance have you tired to hook this up to a headunit via usb? I'm wanting to do a touchpad in my dash and have been looking around for one to be compatible with my headunit for music and video.
I really don't see why that would not work...Once it plugs in it acts as an over sized flash drive...and as long as its formatted to FAT32...there should not be an issue.

I really don't see why that would not work...Once it plugs in it acts as an over sized flash drive...and as long as its formatted to FAT32...there should not be an issue.
Si //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Well it all depends, I'm not 100% sure how tablets run...I'm assuming is like a small computer correct? If that is so It wouldnt be a problem

Well it all depends, I'm not 100% sure how tablets run...I'm assuming is like a small computer correct? If that is so It wouldnt be a problem
This is more like a large Andoid phone. Nice piece though I got one here. IMO WEBOS runs a little smoother, but being able to dual boot allows the flexibility of Android apps (which there's just so many more out there). AND as OP said, the Android mod is very new so it's likely to improve.

By all accounts you can also run a few LINUX distros on it as well which should offer even more options.

OP, I can't get mine to come up as a drive in Android OS, pm me if you know a fix.

GLWS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

blazeplacid

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
blazeplacid
DFW texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied