How's this budget sub?

LongThrow

My Kickers be swaggin'
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S410 R1 10-Inch 150 Watt Subwoofer - 4 Ohm

Bought for 42 bucks off of amazon. Gonna use a pre fab enclosure tuned around 46-48 hz for SPL. This is a replacement from a 10 inch kicker comp same SPL and wattage ratings. Should I expect same quality? Not needing earth shattering bass just enough to bump my head a little in my rig.

Tell me how you really feel lol

Gonna sound like absolute azz in that box man
I'm not looking for competition level $2k system that has so much bass that the car next time me can't hear its own stereo. Just consumer level satisfaction. My 10 inch kicker in its own truck box it came with sounded decent (to me)

That being said. IM NOT LOOKING FOR AUDIOPHILE QUALITY. Jesus. I'm a noon. I just want some thump to my rig

Tell me how you really feel lol

I'm not looking for competition level $2k system that has so much bass that the car next time me can't hear its own stereo. Just consumer level satisfaction. My 10 inch kicker in its own truck box it came with sounded decent (to me)

That being said. IM NOT LOOKING FOR AUDIOPHILE QUALITY. Jesus. I'm a noon. I just want some thump to my rig
Even if it's not audiophile quality, it will still sound like azz to any normal person. Prefabs tuned to 46-48hz will not even sound like music. It will just sound like fart noises. Do yourself a favor and do more research. I would say return the sub if you can and start fresh.

Another thing is your sub is 4 ohm which will mean it's gonna be underpowered. If box is tuned to 46hz then your subsonic filter will have to be around 35 hz to prevent it from overloading/damaging your sub. Honestly.. just start over.. You will be disappointed the more and more you listen to it.

I've been satisfied with prefabs. Maybe a sealed would sound better?
Yea it would in your case but it would be probably not be enough bass for you considering you're looking for that SPL. If I was to go with prefab, I would find the biggest sealed box I can. Otherwise get a custom box built tuned in the low 30's.

My budget for a box would be around 60-80 bucks. What's the difference in tuning say 32 compared to 40 range?

Compared to ANY ported prefab, sealed would sound better? I'm not too set on sq I just want that loud bass for what I have.

My budget for a box would be around 60-80 bucks. What's the difference in tuning say 32 compared to 40 range?
Compared to ANY ported prefab, sealed would sound better? I'm not too set on sq I just want that loud bass for what I have.
Just return the new sub build a 1.5 cuft box for the kicker port it tuned to about 34 hertz and put it on 150-200 rms

I don't have the money time nor resources to build my own box. That's why I'm trying to just buy a prefab box. Prefabs have always sounded fine to me for my personal tastes. Why would prefabs be sold if there THAT bad.

Already got rid of my kicker. That being said would that kicker be better?

I don't have the money time nor resources to build my own box. That's why I'm trying to just buy a prefab box. Prefabs have always sounded fine to me for my personal tastes. Why would prefabs be sold if there THAT bad.
Already got rid of my kicker. That being said would that kicker be better?
Tbh. There isn't going to be any difference in the 2. You want the best out of what you got that's the way to do it. Doesn't matter which sub neither is going to get very loud it's just a single 10.

I understand that. I ndon't need blaring loud bass. Just enough to be heard and massage me a little lol and that 10 did just fine for my liking (the kicker). There's some decent looking prefabs on soniceldctronix those have to be decent enough to do what I i m looking for.

Thanks for all your guy's great advise!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.