how would this need to be wired?

Participant count
  • Participant list

slug420
10+ year member

CT
I have this grandios plan I would like to see for my car, but I dont know anything about wiring and whatnot so im gonna take it to a tweeter or somewhere to have the installation done, but I wanna get all the parts in advance and understand how its gonna be hooked up if its even possible.

I bought 2 JBL GTI 10s a while back with a 1200.1 amp to give me what will be a ridiculous amount of boom for me. I have always had in the back of my mind the fact that I want to make my install somewhat modular so I want to be able to remove these monster 10s to reduce weight, and so I dont have my trunk rattling off the car on my commute. So to allow me to do this I have just bought 2 RE8s. My plan is to put the RE8s firing into the cabin of my mazda protege either mounted in the back of the back seat or in the rear deck. The 10s will be going in the trunk...

So I have 2 options that i see.....

1, I use some kind of crossover setup so that when the 10s are in the mids go to the 8s and the lows go to the 10s without overlap. And then when I remove the 10s or turnt hem off, the xover sends all bass to the 8s. If this is possible, or reasonable tell me how it would be done and what i would need. I know diff sized subs can cause cancellatoin but I am under the impression that only if they are trying to hit the same freq.

2, This seems much much easier.....

8s get all the bass, 10s get all the bass, I put a switch between the remote connections on each amp so that I turn one pair off at the same time im turning the other pair on. and just swap back and forth.... If I do it this way, I would need to split the signal fromt he HU to go to both amps, for doing this can I just use a distro block? or is there some kind of special audio a/b switch that would be better?

I am also going to be putting 2 6.5" coaxs in the trunk and will use the same principal there where I can flip a switch to turn the rear door speakers off, and the trunk speakers on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.