How underrated is the sundown x series?

Participant count
  • Participant list

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
Looking to get this HDC4 18 out of my trunk and i think ive decided to go with 3 10s. Im gonna run two crescendo bc3500s strapped at 1.33 ohms before rise. So im thinking ill see 7k+ at most realistically. So my question is can these x subs take over 2k clean? any other suggestions for subs? im also thinking about some hdc3s because the price is so **** good and im pretty sure they wouldnt sweat the power. I would probably prefer something that can dig a little deeper than the hdcs but ill see. let me know what you guys think..

Looking to get this HDC4 18 out of my trunk and i think ive decided to go with 3 10s. Im gonna run two crescendo bc3500s strapped at 1.33 ohms before rise. So im thinking ill see 7k+ at most realistically. So my question is can these x subs take over 2k clean? any other suggestions for subs? im also thinking about some hdc3s because the price is so **** good and im pretty sure they wouldnt sweat the power. I would probably prefer something that can dig a little deeper than the hdcs but ill see. let me know what you guys think..
I have my X 18 on a SAZ 2000 and it can definitely handle more. I'd say around 2500 is its max.

When sundown rates their subs he does it with a horrible signal for 8 hours as a worst case scenario type thing. 3 of those on 7k will be more than fine. On music and with a clean signal I would have no problem giving one 3k. Just look out for stinky coils as you will burn that up before you hit mechanical limits on it. So you will smell it before you hear it.

Thanks for the info guys.. yea I figure real case scenario they wont be seeing that much that often anyway. All those both of thise amps will be at about .7, rise should out me way in safe operating limits. You guys liking the x?

Thanks for the info guys.. yea I figure real case scenario they wont be seeing that much that often anyway. All those both of thise amps will be at about .7, rise should out me way in safe operating limits. You guys liking the x?
not as loud as my Nightshade v1 18. but i like it. i do, however, wanna sell it and run two 15's now though.

not as loud as my Nightshade v1 18. but i like it. i do, however, wanna sell it and run two 15's now though.
I dont blame ya there. Ill take more cone area and motor force any dsy. Well for the most part

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.