How to wire sub in parallel with 10 gauge speaker wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

blazian87
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I want to run a single Dual 2 ohm subwoofer down to 1 ohms. How would I bring it to 1 ohm final impedance if my wire is too thick. I looked at the diagrams and videos and they just twist the 2 wires together and put it in one terminal. I have 10 gauge speaker wire and I can only fit one of them into a terminal. Do I strip some of the wires and then twist it together? Or is there another way to wire in parallel? I thought there was a way to do this without putting two wires in one voice coil.

run both voice coils directly to the terminal cup instead of jumping from one side to the other. You can find 8 ga connectors that will fit a pair of 10 ga wires and use those to connect to the terminal cup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.