How to wire my 4-ch as 3-ch

Participant count
  • Participant list

fb111a1
10+ year member

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I just don't to mess anything up. I have a CDE-HD149BT headunit and a MRP-F240 4-ch amp. I am currently running my fronts on 2 channels and I want to use the other two channels for a sub. The headunit has 2 sub-preouts.

Thanks

Thanks. That was pretty easy. Sorry to steer this in a totally different direction but.... I've found a JL Audio 250/1 to run my sub and I am thinking about bridging the Alpine to the two fronts. The speakers are Polk MM651. Would bridging degrade the sound quality at all? I am looking for the best sound quality possible, not necessarily the loudest system.

not really. Technically your going to increase the distortion from the amp, but you will NOT hear it. Amp distortion is always very low unless the amp is clipping. Bridging the amp will give you more power and make you much less likely to clip as well as increase dynamic range. Go for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.