How to wire headphones

Participant count
  • Participant list

abstruse1

Greetings from a newbie. I searched this topic but the search feature wasn't working.

I have a 2017 Jaguar F type and want to wire in headphones. I've had pretty good luck doing this in the past with other cars, but only sometimes. What I've done is hardwire the phones to the rear seat speakers, sometimes using dropping resistors or a black box that does something.

Anyway, there probably is a better way to do this. And I don't want to pull the head unit if I can avoid it.

Your suggestions welcome. Thanx.

Well, sure. I don't hear well and use Bose noise cancelling earphones to block most ambient steady noise (e.g. tire noise). So I either have to crank up the stereo very loud or wire it in.

I've been doing this for years and don't wear the phones in tricky traffic situations.

The best quality way i would think it to attach a line output converter to the rear speakers, then convert the rca output to an auxiliary cord and run that up to the front and connect to your headphones. This way it wont affect the rear speakers and your getting high quality connections

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.