how to wire front comps...

Participant count
  • Participant list
How is the best way to wire these? Run speaker wire from the amp I know but how do I get it into the door? I have never run new speaker wires for my car. Always paid to do that.

How is the best way to wire these? Run speaker wire from the amp I know but how do I get it into the door? I have never run new speaker wires for my car. Always paid to do that.
For me, getting the speaker wire into the door is the easy part. The hard part for me has been routing the wire from the back of the car to the front.

Pull your door panel off. To get it off, look for any screws that are holding it on, like in the inside door handle, and the release latch. After the screws are out, you just pry the door panel off. It just snaps in. Start at the bottom, since usually the top part hooks on around the window. Sounds complicated, but once you've done it a few times, you can get the panel off in less than 60 seconds. You will have to disconnect any wiring harnesses that go to the door panel, like for power window or power lock switches.

Also, pull the kick panel off. This is the plastic panel in the footwell, just in front of the door. Again, look for any screws that might be holding it in place, and once they are out, pop it out.

Also, remove the door sill trim piece, the plastic at the edge of the carpet where it meets the door. You'll want to get that off so you can run wires under the carpet to the back of the car.

To get the wires into the door, just look around where the kick panel was taken off. You should be able to find a way to fish your wire through the big rubber tube thing that the factory wires are run through into the door. Every car is a little different, but I'm sure once you have the panels off, it should be fairly obvious to you how to get the wires into the door.

To get the wires into the back of the car, run the wire under the carpet by the door sill where you removed the trim piece. You will probably have to remove the plastic side panels in the back of the car, too, to get the wires hidden all the way to the back.

I have an SUV, so I had to take the side panels off to run the wires all the way to the back. In a car with a trunk, it will be a little different, not sure exactly, but you can probably figure it out. If not, just come back here and ask some more specific questions about your car, and someone here will be able to help.

Hope this helps!

-- Kevin

Oh, and let me add, while you have the door panel off, that is the perfect time to deaden those doors! That will make those component speakers you have sound much much better! Look in the sticky at the top of this forum, called "Proper door sound deadening and you"

-- Kevin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.