How to wire center channel in to aftermarket amp.

toyowarrior1

I have a 2014 f250 with the factory Sony sound system. I want to put a after market amp in the truck and keep all speakers wired up to the amp. How would i go about wiring all the speakers and the center channel in to the amp. Please recommend me a amp that would work with all 9 speakers. I know I have to replace all speakers in the cab. I'm getting focal speakers. Thanks for the help.

For 9 speakers you'd either have to bridge or get 2 4channel amps or 1 5 channel and one 4 channel honestly though once you get the door speakers set up good you won't need the center speaker

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Does anybody know how to wire this up to the Sony sound system in the ford?
You just need to first worry about getting proper signal source in forms of Good head unit or a good Digital sound processor to the amps first if you are planning on achieving any form of sound quality. There's the right way of doing things and there's the "Durr, I'm going to slap some speakers to the door and a new amp and hope it sounds good" way of doing things.

You'll have to either run new wiring to all the speakers or find out where the stock amp is and cut into those wires and wire those to the new amp. Basically call your local dealership and talk to the tech support and ask them where the factory amps are located at and get to it.

Either way its not gonna sound good unless you do a proper install that involves turning your car door into a speaker enclosure and doing a proper time alignment and overall tune. Its not going to be possible with a stock head unit or poorly spec'd head unit that has junk audio tuning capabilities.

I'm telling you that straight off the bat so you can know why you might get disappointed after the swap. There's a lot of work needing to be done when going aftermarket, waaay more than just a simple wiring job. A lot of times people are disappointed at the sound and are surprised at how their factory speakers sound better than the aftermarkets and they dont even know the real reason why and they blame the equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.