How to wire 5 channel amp to door speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

antibiotic1

Chicago
Hello, my setup is next:

Precision power ppi 640.5

JBL GT5-1204br subwoofer

4 JBL gt7-68 speakers

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rwk4cu/

I had installed the subwoofer.I am splitting one of the two channels to another 2 channels in order to have 3 rca inputs for my amp, 1 for the channel 1 and 2, one for the channel 3 and 4, and 1 for the sub.(the rca signal from the front speakers is splitted for the channel 1 and 2 , and for the sub ). Also i replaced the door speakers. The next step to do is to run wire's from the amp to the back of the radio , where i will connect this wires to the old wiring(i hope i am clear)

My question is can i bridge the 4 output channels from my amp into 2 channels(this cables will get to the radio with 4 wires) and then connect my 4 car speakers on this 2 channels?For example the 2 front speakers will be connected to the first pair of wires and the rear speakers to the secound pair of speakers . The amp rms for each channel is 60w rms and the door speakers are 60w rms each as well at 4 ohm.

My main plan is to get the output sound signal from my amp to the back of the radio(where i will connect this wires to the old speaker wires) but with using only 4 wires

Why not just hook it up regularly? I would check the manual see if it is indeed bridegable.
I changed my mind, will run wire for each channel, so 8 wires at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Why in the would are you splitting rcas? I'm confused?You have ever 5 channels. Left tweeter right tweeter left mid right mid and sub. Which is mono.
I am splitting rcas because my amp have 3 rca inputs(and as it stays in the title the amp is 5 channel):

1st is for the channel 1 and 2

2nd is for channel 3 and 4

3rd is for the 5th channel that is for my sub

If i dont split one of the rcas then i will not have sound input for my sub

I am splitting rcas because my amp have 3 rca inputs(and as it stays in the title the amp is 5 channel):1st is for the channel 1 and 2

2nd is for channel 3 and 4

3rd is for the 5th channel that is for my sub

If i dont split one of the rcas then i will not have sound input for my sub
Makes no sense at all. I've owned a few 5 ch amps and I personally installed them and worked great. What exactly are you talking about when you say if you don't split one of the RCA's then you won't have input for your sub?

As long as your HU has 3 sets of RCA pre outs, you should be good. And as long as that amp you say is a 5 ch should show AND have 3 sets of RCA's as well.

Makes no sense at all. I've owned a few 5 ch amps and I personally installed them and worked great. What exactly are you talking about when you say if you don't split one of the RCA's then you won't have input for your sub?
As long as your HU has 3 sets of RCA pre outs, you should be good. And as long as that amp you say is a 5 ch should show AND have 3 sets of RCA's as well.
You are completely right, but the PAC LOC for mazda 3 have only 2 sets of RCA pre outs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ps. Sorry people my mistake, i forgot to write that info

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

antibiotic1

antibiotic1
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
antibiotic1