Components or coaxiales with tweeter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I'm replacing the front door bose speakers on my 2003 Yukon and going in with componentes. I'm just wondering if I should use components or replace the speaker and then replace the tweeter ? Are the bose tweeters on there own channel and speaker on another? If so I'm concerned that adding component would use too much power from one channel affecting my speaker output? Any thought on this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer components but if u had Bose speakers don't know how much of an upgrade in sound replacement will be if u don't use an amp that can be tuned... the Bose amp is set for those speakers... don't think u will get max performance if u don't have external amp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I prefer components but if u had Bose speakers don't know how much of an upgrade in sound replacement will be if u don't use an amp that can be tuned... the Bose amp is set for those speakers... don't think u will get max performance if u don't have external amp
I don't except much of a boost but I'm hoping in a a couple of db and improved clarity since these bose are cheap Paper speakers

In that case... personal preference... coaxial 2 or 3 way speakers are good... components allow u to aim the sound better due to picking placement especially if done custom in doors

In that case... personal preference... coaxial 2 or 3 way speakers are good... components allow u to aim the sound better due to picking placement especially if done custom in doors
I could be wrong but I've believed that component sound better due to the heftier crossover device vs a 2 way which only uses a simple capacitor. Also, I have a tweeter on the windshield pillar so want to place the tweeter there. Im just wondering if I need components or can I use the bose wiring and tap in , does that wiring have a crossover somewhere or should I use the one that will come with the component.

Not sure if out has xover... doesn't in my wife Altima with Bose system... just 1 amp with connector input...i believe it may be bridged internally to provide the power...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.