How to tune a deck and amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

acbanuchi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
Hello. I am new here and I have a few questions for the experienced.

I have a boat (I know...the site is caraudio).

The boat has a Pioneer deck with built in crossovers for front, rear and sub. The deck powers four speakers. These speakers are Kicker, two way, six inch

There is also an amp in the boat. The amp is a four channel amp and it powers the sub (twelve inch) and two tower speakers. The tower speakers are the same six inch kicker speakers...there are six total. Four being powered by the deck and two being powered by the amp.

The area that I need help with is the tuning. I have no idea what to set the deck crossovers to and I have no idea which settings to use on the amp. The amp has switches for LPF, HPF and FULL. There are also gain adjustments, HZ adjustments for both LPF and HPF, etc.

I assume that I want the sub on LPF, 80-ish HZ, etc and I assume the deck crossover only controls the speakers being ran by the deck?

I am not trying to win any competitions here....just need some guidance so I don't ruin any of the components.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to tuning the system as properly as I can.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.