How To Seal Off Sub Box when making it?

The Brad nails aren't to hold the box together. They are just to hold it in place until the glue dries. In my experience, a quality glued joint is stronger than the wood around it.

it's quite difficult to get my cuts absolutely perfect. What do you guys do to completely seal off the small crevices between sides? I understand the box needs to be sealed pretty tight, so how do you guys get there? Any sealant I need or something?
liquid nails,locktite wood glue greatstuff spray foam caulk siliconiz,all these work great. price range $4-$20.

Wood glue + lots of pressure on the glued joints/sides. Clamps are your friend, don't even need screws if you clamp it very well and let it dry.

We used to use clamps and 15 gauge nails to make boxes quickly.

Wood glue the best to use because it actually chemically bonds the wood together.
Yep. I haven’t used screws on my boxes in a long time, unless I have panels that exceed my 48 inch clamps length. I may use a screw in my bracing, if I use dowel rods inside to brace larger panels together. The only time I use caulking in the corners is if the inside of the box is visible through plexiglass, but that’s just for looks. The sealing is already tight using the wood glue in the process of building it. Taking your time to make nice cuts to start with makes box building so much easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...