How to install a stinger voltage meter?

I have the same voltage meter as the ones shown and they have an adjustment screw that you need to use when installing it, the display isn't calibrated from the factory, you need to set it yourself to match the voltage in order for it to be accurate. I believe it even states this in the directions that come with it.

i connected power/ground to the amps power/ground.
Mine's kinda flush mounted, i basically just made a front plate out of plastic (using a dremel), spray painted it black, and stuck it in a pocket on my dash (the knob on the left is my bass remote knob):

BassKnobandVoltGauge-1.jpg
i like this as well, good job //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if i disside to go with a 05 escape im doing that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but i wanna do 4 15in hdc315s no wall

I have the same voltage meter as the ones shown and they have an adjustment screw that you need to use when installing it, the display isn't calibrated from the factory, you need to set it yourself to match the voltage in order for it to be accurate. I believe it even states this in the directions that come with it.
Like Blazer says above, you must calibrate it due to the resistance in the wire that is used to connect the meter to the voltage source. So if you use a wire that is 1ft long vs 10ft long, you will get a different reading. That is why it has the adjustment knob so you can make sure your reading is not affected by the impedence of the wire. I will never understand why people fight simple instructions and think that they are simply printed for no reason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

OLD thread, but maybe someone can answer MY installation question.

im about to buy a voltage gauge thanks to someones post about a good deal on them.

so you can install them running wires to either: battery, amp, or ignition?

if i run it to my igntion what voltage will it read? what about if i run it to my amp, will it read the voltage the amp is getting or the voltage of th battery?

i have a cap with a voltage meter on it, now im confused? would the cap be reading the voltage of the cars battery or the voltage its taking in?

There's really only one way to wire it.
Connect those three wires to the correct wires.
lol and what are the exact correct wires?

i read the whole thread and everyone was mentioning different places to wire it to.

to batt, directly to amp.. i know theyl all power it, but wont they each give diff read out?

You have a choice, do you want to know the exact voltage at your main battery, the secondary battery or the voltage your seeing at your amp? Whatever voltage you want to see thats where you wire it. I never heard of anyone wiring it to their ignition before. When you wire it up you need to calibrate the volt meter. If your buying the Stinger volt meter that was talked about in this thread then remove the cover and there's an adjustment screw, using a DMM calibrate the volt meter to whatever the the DMM says you have for voltage.

You have a choice, do you want to know the exact voltage at your main battery, the secondary battery or the voltage your seeing at your amp? Whatever voltage you want to see thats where you wire it. I never heard of anyone wiring it to their ignition before. When you wire it up you need to calibrate the volt meter. If your buying the Stinger volt meter that was talked about in this thread then remove the cover and there's an adjustment screw, using a DMM calibrate the volt meter to whatever the the DMM says you have for voltage.
perfect answer. thanks. pretty much what i figured but i wanted a second opinion. and idk nothing about calibrating it yet, since i dont have it yet, but thanks for the help, im sure il have to figure it out once i get it lol

thanks though!

yes. stinger one has a pos a ground and ignation wire, i would recomment run the pos wire back to the amp input, only becuse thats were the important voltage reading it
If he has a battery in the back. If the only location for a battery is up front then it might be wise to find a location suitable for reading amperage/ voltage closest to the battery up front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

I Like Waffle
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
SPL Blazer
1000008028.jpg