How to get the right xovers?

Synyster97XLT
10+ year member

Reppin' the 304
Hey all, not too knowledgeable on component speakers or their amps AT ALL. I was wondering if you can get crossovers made to split the frequencies at the exact spot you want them? I have two SWR-1542D subs, and iirc, their cutoff is 400hz. Can I get a set of crossovers that go from 401hz-midrange max hz, then tweeter minimum hz-tweeter max hz? Or do I just need to find some crossovers that are closest to the ideal for my setup?

That amp has a x-over built into it, you can use the pionts from LPF/40hz-180hz.

Do you have a box?

is it ported or sealed?

if you have a ported box you can use the subsonic filter & if sealed turn it off.

do you have front speakers?

if you do you can use the highpass filter on your deck to around 80hz or 100hz & let your sub pick up where the mid left off at.

I dont know of any tweeters that can be croos that low of 400hz

you need to read & maybe go to a shop & just ask many question as you can before spending any money.

Here are a couple of important points for you to know:

1) Component speaker sets come with crossovers. They will do the job just fine. At this point this is all you should be looking at rather than trying to dive in to custom crossover selections.

2) Crossover points are not on/off like a digital device. A lowpass crossover of 400 Hz does not mean the speaker cannot play 401 Hz.

Hey Dragnix

you can x-over your high as your amp will allow you to.

If you look at some comp setups there mids cant play LOUD down to 80hz.

Some Subs that have good tonality as in Focal,Morel,Dynaudio, etc.... that aren't geared for SPL boom, will allow you to reach a little higher 150-200- range for that midbass.

Yes subs aren't just for low end if all depends on your setup & if your'e a SQ-SQL type of guy.

Blending your sub & midbaas/midrange is subjective in every install.

I have my midbass lowpass-160/12 highpass-63/18, my sub picks up from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.