How to fix clipping?

Big 3 isnt necessary really for 1200 watts, but There is one part that you need to do. Attach 0 gauge up front to the battery to the chassis. Your trying to run 1200 watts through a factory ground which is usually 8 gauge or smaller.

ground isolators do not fix noise, they hide it.

Your sub has nothing to do with the noise.

Your ipod or cd creates a signal inside the headunit. The headunit sents it to your amplifier via the RCA's. The amplifier multiplies that signal to make it louder. Then the amplifier sends the signal to your speakers.

Are your power wires/remote turn-on wires on the opposite side of the car as your RCA's and speaker wires?

Power wires create a electromagnetic field around them that will cause distortion in your signal (rcas & speaker wire)

If you have to cross the wires, cross them perpendicularly (at right angles).

Check your ground wires. Make sure you sand your ground location down to bare metal. There can be no paint left on your ground location. If there is, it will cause noise in your system. Do this with all of your ground locations.

Your amplifier's gain is not a volume nob. The gain is used to match the voltage from your headunit. To do this correctly, you need a DMM (digital multimeter). A $15 one from pepboys or walmart will work fine. Look up more info on this once you get one.

ground isolators do not fix noise, they hide it.
Your sub has nothing to do with the noise.

Your ipod or cd creates a signal inside the headunit. The headunit sents it to your amplifier via the RCA's. The amplifier multiplies that signal to make it louder. Then the amplifier sends the signal to your speakers.

Are your power wires/remote turn-on wires on the opposite side of the car as your RCA's and speaker wires?

Power wires create a electromagnetic field around them that will cause distortion in your signal (rcas & speaker wire)

If you have to cross the wires, cross them perpendicularly (at right angles).

Check your ground wires. Make sure you sand your ground location down to bare metal. There can be no paint left on your ground location. If there is, it will cause noise in your system. Do this with all of your ground locations.

Your amplifier's gain is not a volume nob. The gain is used to match the voltage from your headunit. To do this correctly, you need a DMM (digital multimeter). A $15 one from pepboys or walmart will work fine. Look up more info on this once you get one.
Yes.

And a note on running big 3. Whether or not it is "necessary" depends on variables we do not know. Such as alt amperage. Reducing resistance is always good. Even when not essential.

Well, to give you guys some more info... My ground is right back to the Batt. I ran right back to it. I figured it was better. The power wire is not ran anywhere near the RCA's or speaker wire.

The only wires near eachother are the Remote wire and the RCA's.

The Amp is an AQ1200D.

I am not even sure how it is ran at what Ohm. All I did was hook 1 channel to each sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.