Alpine Type R 10" T-Line Build for HT

Participant count
  • Participant list

raz0rxx
10+ year member

Update time! After about 30 minutes of math, help from TaylorFade, a 45min trip to home depot, handful of tools and a 4x8 sheet of birch, the finished product has arrived.

This was the math I had figured out after about 30min, ran into a snafu half way through the build when I realized a 4x8' sheet cant be cut in half to have two 58" pieces, so a 10" compromise was made, luckily the 10" modification only changed the tuning by about 1-2hz so its around the 34-35hz range.

Forgot to mention that from the drawing below, we actually tilted the center divider about 2" so the magnet would fit.

Wood glue for all the joints, screws every six inches and silicone to fix leaks. BTW routers are the ****ing ****!

2429bfn.jpg

Mid work - In the basement of our house, so warm in there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

vdpfmx.jpg

1/4" router on all corners on the outside of the box as well as around the center wall and port opening, sanded flush too because birch is a *****.

wa3bm1.jpg

Sorry for the 90 degree turn, I r retarded....

nps3zn.jpg

48" tall 14.5" deep and 12" wide

2pts47b.jpg

Back shot

14xdvsy.jpg

Not fully done quite yet, thinking of a really dark stain or straight black paint to cover it. Yes that is a logitech z5500 plate amp....(which died after about 25min of play.....fml)

If anyone is interested in more pics I will be glad to take more just ask me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Enjoy!

-Steve-

looks good, I'm gonna build some tline towers for my living room to play along with my dd audio 1512 in a tline. The towers are going to be TMM.

Did you put 45's in the corners?

Nah, the amp on the back prevented 45s in that corner but the air flow is actually really nice without em.
Lol, what does the amp bing mounted on the back have to do with 45's in the corners?

I love this build. It came out smaller than I imagined too. I guess that's because I am always trying to figure out how to fit one of these in my car!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.