Hey Guys! New Member!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigzlowered

Canada
Hey guys, Ive been assembling random bits and pieces for what I think would be a decent sound system, over the last year. I have been doing other mechanical work on my car, but now its about time to start installing some of what I have accumulated.

I am very new to the whole sound system game, but I am willing to learn!

I have listed what ive gathered in my signature. What do you guys think so far? Will I need anything else, a Cap? a bigger alt to install what I have?

This will be installed into a 95 Honda Accord Ex-R Coupe(EX for you american members).

Also I was wondering what sub I should think about considering the amp I already picked up.

Thanks for any and all the advice/criticism you may have with my setup...

James

Edit: Come pics of my setup... yet to be installed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Head Unit:

car005.jpg

car062.jpg

Amplifiers:

car044.jpg

car043.jpg

car040.jpg

Speakers:

car039.jpg

car036.jpg

car037.jpg

no cap.... how big of a sub are you trying to go witH? budget?
Well I dont want anything too stupidly powerful, im not looking to compete, more to enjoy my music.

I dont like crazy heavy bass either, just enough to accent the parts ive accumulated so far.

-

Budget wise I believe I still have a connection for JBL stuff, but im not really "on a budget" either... i want to enjoy being in the car.

Edit: I have 2 boxes lying around already as well... both ported... a dual 12" and a single 12"...

ok... well don't worry about a cap most of the time they are useless... since your only running 600 watts you shouldn't be to hard on your electrical. if your worried do the big 3 and see what happens from there. as for subs your looking for SQ from what im reading and Fi Q's are amazing but not quite sure how it will do on 600 watts. Do some research, and if your stuck to main stream then im not quite sure what to say cause Type R's sound like crap and kicker is geh imho they only makes sexy amps... I would look at FI if i were you since i love themm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok... well don't worry about a cap most of the time they are useless... since your only running 600 watts you shouldn't be to hard on your electrical. if your worried do the big 3 and see what happens from there. as for subs your looking for SQ from what im reading and Fi Q's are amazing but not quite sure how it will do on 600 watts. Do some research, and if your stuck to main stream then im not quite sure what to say cause Type R's sound like crap and kicker is geh imho they only makes sexy amps... I would look at FI if i were you since i love themm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I will look into them, I personally have never heard anything about them, good or bad..

I didnt really want a type r or kicker either... if i did I think I would be at best buy installing my system, and not here asking questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

FI is sex to my ears imo.... I just got first sub from them (BL 18) and not only can it pound if i want it to it sounds amazing... Scott runs a good company, RE is also pretty much the same thing as FI so you can look at both of them...

FI is sex to my ears imo.... I just got first sub from them (BL 18) and not only can it pound if i want it to it sounds amazing... Scott runs a good company, RE is also pretty much the same thing as FI so you can look at both of them...
Ill take a look, but RE doesnt seem to ship to canada, not sure about Fi yet.

Oh yeah i forgot you in Canada lol but thats not that bad.. most companies will ship there i think...

Look though the classifieds theres some great deals in there..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.