how to disconnect battery prior to amp install

Maybe, this makes too much sense but mount the batrey the other way, so the one you need to access the most (the negative) will be easy to get to next time. The reason that you remove the neg wire is that it is safe to work with with both wires connected. If your wrench were to bump the chassis while disconnecting the pos wire and ground out, you have a big problem. Not the case with the neg.

Maybe, this makes too much sense but mount the batrey the other way, so the one you need to access the most (the negative) will be easy to get to next time. The reason that you remove the neg wire is that it is safe to work with with both wires connected. If your wrench were to bump the chassis while disconnecting the pos wire and ground out, you have a big problem. Not the case with the neg.

Cool, I was curious if there was a reason one(+ or -) was better than the other.

If I ever can't get to the negative, I just disconnect the positive. And I have never had any problems doing that. Just make sure that nothing is close to the + terminal when you are doing it.

And if all you are doing is installing an amp then you should be fine.

Not saying it is the correct way to do thing, but I do it all the time and have never had a problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

devinblaine

10+ year member
devinblaine
nyc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from