How to disable the **** 'beep' on pioneer headunits? (480MP)

Read the manual? Who would think that an option on a product you own would be explained in the OWNERS MANUAL.

Its generally in the menus available when the deck is off.

i READ the **** manual, but there's nothing there to do it... and in the function thing when the unit is turned, there's nothing related to it... i'm guessing you can't shut if off, dammit

In all of the Pioneer headunit's I've owned, you turn it off as described above.
With the HU off you access the functions menu.
To clarify, not off as in when the vehicle itself is off. Typically, hold down the source button until the time displays. This is when the HU is "off" as described. Next, hold down the function key and a menu should appear. Keep tapping function until you see alarm or warning (mine says warning) then hit the middle of the large circle on the remote, and it should turn the beeping off.

If I could guess, I still assume you mean the beeping which occurs right after the car is turned off to remind you to remove the faceplate.

The faceplate reminder is the one listed as warning. I have that option on my 880PRS and it's pretty clear what to do. The one I can't seem to find is the confirmation beep that comes with receiving signal from remote (wired or wireless). When I hit a button on my steering wheel controls, the head unit makes a confirmation beep/chirp. That is kind of annoying. Haven't found an option to turn that off, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.