How to deaden my doors?

UnderFire
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hey, I'm going to be deadening my doors, but the problem is, with my Toyota, there isn't a big fancy panel to cover up all the crap, the "Door panel" in the truck is a single flat piece of cardboard, any Idea how I can deaden this without it looking like the panel is sitting on a piece of tin foil?

Take the panel off, Deaden the inside of your door and the outside metal ( inside the door) get a piece of thin plywood cover on fiberglass resin and cover it to make you a new door panel buy everything from your local hardware store,wood and peal&seal I had great results doing that on my 88 model back many many years ago

Take the panel off, Deaden the inside of your door and the outside metal ( inside the door) get a piece of thin plywood cover on fiberglass resin and cover it to make you a new door panel buy everything from your local hardware store,wood and peal&seal I had great results doing that on my 88 model back many many years ago
Groaned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Because it's an industrial roofing product not sound deadener //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That's pretty normal for older pickups. Some much older ones have no trim panels at all. You can apply vibration damper to the interior sheet metal surfaces. If you are going to add a barrier, you'll have t be creative. Photos of the door with the trim panel removed would help in that case.

install deadener on the inside of the door, both walls.. like they said //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.