How To Connect

Participant count
  • Participants list

xslvx

CarAudio.com Newbie
I want to put a chuchero with 2 500rms 10 inch(4ohms each) 3 120rms tweeters (8ohms Each) and a 500rms sub(dual 4ohms), was going to buy taramps 2000x4 amp but i cant due to the lpf and hpf being together on channel 3&4 (sub and highs, channel 1 bridged for mids) is there another amp i can use (1500x2 At 2 ohms and a 500 At 2 ohms

Last edited:
Just tweeters and subs?
(2) 500 rms, 10" @ 4ohms each, so 2 ohm 1,000w channel
(1) 500 rms sub @ 4ohm dvc, --- so 2 ohm 500w channel, &
(3) 120rms tweeters (8 ohms each)

Is the chuchero made for 3 tweeters? I wouldn't use 3 tweeters. Not sure how you plan on wiring that up, but either get a 4th, or just use two of them. Four is usually too many for most people, but it depends on what you're going for. That would have to be one unique setup for 3 to sound good. You're either going to over power one side, or you put one in the middle, and your left to right / balance is funky.
If you use four you can wire 2 channels at 240w @ 4ohm. If you use one tweeter each, 8 ohm is unusual, and you might have to wire those in series with an 8 ohm mid, to get it down to 4 ohms per channel.

As for the subs, I've never seen a single amp do something like that.
I think your 4 options are:
* You might be able to find something that bridges 2 channels for 1000w x 1 @ 2 ohm, and a 3rd channel for 500w @ 2ohm.
* just use the two, and go 1000w x 1ch @ 2ohm, or 500w x 2ch @ 4ohm, OR
* you use two amps just for your subs. (I think I would try to change something else before using two amps). OR
* You go with the 1000w x 1ch @ 2ohm / 500w x 2ch @ 4ohms (for those 10" subs), & a 3 or 5 ch amp for your third sub and your tweeters, plus whatever mids you haven't mentioned.

What about mids?

Last edited:
Just tweeters and subs?
(2) 500 rms, 10" @ 4ohms each, so 2 ohm 1,000w channel
(1) 500 rms sub @ 4ohm dvc, --- so 2 ohm 500w channel, &
(3) 120rms tweeters (8 ohms each)

Is the chuchero made for 3 tweeters? I wouldn't use 3 tweeters. Not sure how you plan on wiring that up, but either get a 4th, or just use two of them. Four is usually too many for most people, but it depends on what you're going for. That would have to be one unique setup for 3 to sound good. You're either going to over power one side, or you put one in the middle, and your left to right / balance is funky.
If you use four you can wire 2 channels at 240w @ 4ohm. If you use one tweeter each, 8 ohm is unusual, and you might have to wire those in series with an 8 ohm mid, to get it down to 4 ohms per channel.

As for the subs, I've never seen a single amp do something like that.
I think your 3 options are:
* just use the two, and go 1000w x 1ch @ 2ohm, or 500w x 2ch @ 4ohm, OR
* you use two amps just for your subs. (I think I would try to change something else before using two amps). OR
* You go with the 1000w x 1ch @ 2ohm / 500w x 2ch @ 4ohms (for those 10" subs), & a 3 or 5 ch amp for your third sub and your tweeters, plus whatever mids you haven't mentioned.

What about mids?
The Two 10 Inch Are Mids, So 2 10 Inch Prv Mids , 3 4inch tweeters And A 12inch Sub And Yeah I Was Planning To Wire The tweeters In Parallel To Bring The Ohms To 2.6 , But Also Another Question, I Wont Be Able To Leave The Filter On Full And Use A Passive Crossover (One On The Tweeters And One On The Sub)

attachment is not good. Are the (3) 4" tweeters all on the chuchero?
Yes, I Want To Make It Look Like This , Everything Is In The Box (2 Mids And 3Tweeters)
6C406AC8-DE2C-4A31-AA45-63AC867EB22A.jpeg

Last edited:
So let me ask you. Where is this box going to sit, that it fits and has tweeters on it? (Usually these go in a trunk. Doesn't make sense to put tweeters back there).

Also, I would look around and see if you have a large bowl, or bucket, maybe even a pot or frying pan, and you might be able to get a better circle on those if you don't have the tools that will make it.

Last edited:
So let me ask you. Where is this box going to sit, that it fits and has tweeters on it? (Usually these go in a trunk. Doesn't make sense to put tweeters back there).

Also, I would look around and see if you have a large bowl, or bucket, maybe even a pot or frying pan, and you might be able to get a better circle on those if you don't have the tools that will make it.
They Will Go In The Rear Seat And Yeah I Got The Tools

It just seems like you're trying to make mismatched stuff work together easily. I would fully expect to make all of THESE speakers work together, you would need 2 maybe 3 amps. I think if anything, I would be looking for a small amp and put the tweeters on their own amp. You would be sacrificing a little, but if you have all your tweeters in one location like this, you aren't going to get a balance anyways. You won't get a left to right variance. You COULD put them on a small MONO, 1 ch amp, and put an inline high pass filter on it. 2.6 ohms is right in the middle of 2 ohm and 4 ohm(when looking at wattage). So if you want 360w @ 2.6ohms, then you would be looking about 250w @ 4 ohm x 1ch and 470w @ 2 ohm x 1ch. Or 200w @ 4 ohm x 1ch, and 520w @ 2 ohm x 1ch.

Then you have your two mids and your sub that you should be able to fit on one (second) amp.
I think you will have a better chance of making this work with two amps, and if the tweeters are on their own amp.

Last edited:
It just seems like you're trying to make mismatched stuff work together easily. I would fully expect to make all of THESE speakers work together, you would need 2 maybe 3 amps. I think if anything, I would be looking for a small amp and put the tweeters on their own amp. You would be sacrificing a little, but if you have all your tweeters in one location like this, you aren't going to get a balance anyways. You won't get a left to right variance. You COULD put them on a small MONO, 1 ch 500w amp, and put an inline high pass filter on it. 2.6 ohms is right in the middle (when looking at wattage). So if you want 360w @ 2.6ohms, then you would be looking about 250w @ 4 ohm x 1ch and 470w @ 4 ohm x 1ch. Or 200w @ 4 ohm x 1ch, and 520w @ 2 ohm x 1ch.

Then you have your two mids and your sub that you should be able to fit on one (second) amp.
I think you will have a better chance of making this work with two amps, and if the tweeters are on their own amp.
Alright Man Thank You

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...