how to choose a batt?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cirv908
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey guys i just got my system in and being on only a stock batt with a ap3000 is fun but i know i can get more...

so my question is how can i find out how big of a batt i need?

will i need to replace my batt i have now plus get another one?

let me know any information i would have to get if there is a way of calculating it

and im quite sure i got the concept of why the batt helps but if anyone has a good explanation please share

Find the company that gets the most nut-hugging, and go with them.

Seriously, it's hard to say exactly how large of a battery you will need exactly. There's no numbers provided that tell you how much power a battery can support. It's better to overkill with electrical, though. My favorite are Batcap and XS power.

Here's an interesting chart:

xspower_flyer-left.jpg

well that chart does help a little...and ok so ill just try one for a secondary battery right now the only thing i was thinking is my stock battery only was suppose to be a 5 year so i may need a new one anyway

and i was gona try this first and if it didn't help i was going to upgrade to a ho alt...stock right now i have a 110 so from what ive seen from some other systems on here is a pretty big one for a car..but yeah i know and probely will i just wanted to see if getting a batt would solve it first and if not go grab another alt

ok so i look at that chart and decide i like that 5100...i go onto their site and i saw that it says it replaces a kinetic 1400 ok now i found a kinetic 1800 which is bigger than the 1400 for 225 and im thinking ill get it but would that be a good assumption to say that the kinetic 1800 is a bigger batt than the d5100 or not?

thats what im trying to go for haha im probably gona end up with that kinetic 1800 and eventually a ho alt unless some one tells me otherwise or if any other suggestions

the voltage shouldn't drop below 12 correct or am i in the wrong there???

kinda haha the big 2...i ran out of wire for my engine to ground haha but it will be done soon...i am having a hard time figureing out where it was cuz i have a cobalt with the batt in back so batt to ground wasn't hard and the batt to alt was the only cable running up to the front but im still not sure where it is im assuming on the engine somewhere haha so shouldn't be that hard to find it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.