How to charge TF Hybrid Cap

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
How do you charge a rockford fosgate 1 Farad Hybrid capacitor? I already wired it up to the best of my knowledge but I don't know how to charge it. Once I installed it I hooked up the -Battery terminal and it turned on. I took the fuse out and hold a test light(the one you test fuses with) for like 5 minutes on each side of the battery and the cap went off but idk tf Im doing if it charged or not. Anyone tell me how to do it please? Thanks in advance.

I allready bought it so I cant. Spent 100 on it thinking it would help..SO how do I charge it?
It should be wired in just like you would wire an amplifier.

Battery + -> cap -> amp

Amp -> cap -> battery -

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I just hooked it up and tried chargig it but i put my test light ground on a screw and the light on the cap side of the fuse..I didnt know what the **** i was doing really but when i hooked it up the cap turned on...So im guessing its working?? I ran the car and it was marking the voltage and everything but Im not sure if it charged or not. I heard if you charge it wrong the first time just get rid of it but im not sure if i "charged it". I looked throught that but I understand better by seeing stuff be done. Or do I just unhook that **** up and throw it away.

I would of just fkn threw it away but the fact it cost me $100 dont let me do it :3 I could of bought a subwoofer or some wire with that money :3

It's not going to hurt anything unless your run big amps and no back up batteries and small alt and drop voltage down pass 11. volts. Otherwise if your not running 3000 watts don't worry about it.

I would of just fkn threw it away but the fact it cost me $100 dont let me do it :3 I could of bought a subwoofer or some wire with that money :3
When they drain down and it happens very fast they become road blocks for power going to the amps. The cap inside that big can is actually very small, your amps already have larger caps inside them.

Put it on CL and get some of your money back. Put it toward better/cheaper electrical upgrades.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.