JL XD700 5v2 ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ollaay

uk
Have this JL amp and my recently installed HK tweeters are really harsh and bright? had them installed by my car audio place but unsure with this amp whether it needs crossovers or the amps built in crossover function does it instead?

Have this JL amp and my recently installed HK tweeters are really harsh and bright? had them installed by my car audio place but unsure with this amp whether it needs crossovers or the amps built in crossover function does it instead?
Its most likely not the amp thats the problem, its the install and tune. Take it back and tell them whats wrong and have them warranty their work because it sounds like sh*t to you. If you do anything else on your own, they are not liable to fix it for you.

Its most likely not the amp thats the problem, its the install and tune. Take it back and tell them whats wrong and have them warranty their work because it sounds like sh*t to you. If you do anything else on your own, they are not liable to fix it for you.
I agree, I have used a XD 400/4 and XD 200/2 on my Dynaudio Mids/Tweets and never any harsh sound...Sounds like an install / tune issue.

If the HK Tweeters are just too bright in your install some resistors are one possible fix or re-aiming them....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ollaay

ollaay
uk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
azmcrae